At VillageMD, we're looking for a Director of Risk Management to help us transform the way primary care is delivered & how patients are served. As a national leader on the forefront of healthcare, we've partnered with many of today's best primary care physicians. We're equipping them with the latest digital tools. Empowering them with proven strategies & support. Inspiring them with better practices & consistent results.
We're creating care that's more accessible. Effective. Efficient. With solutions that are value-based, physician-driven & patient-centered. To accomplish this, we're looking for individuals who share our sense of excellence, are ready to embrace change, & never settle for the status quo. Individuals who have the confidence to lead but the humility to never stop learning.
Could this be you?
In this role, you will be responsible for managing all aspects of clinical risk management for VillageMD & Village Medical. You will administer the risk management program on a day-to-day basis, identifying, analyzing, & managing potentially compensable events, managing, & analyzing risk management data, conducting risk management educational programs, performing risk assessments, & complying with risk management related standards required.
How you can make a difference
- Develops, coordinates, & administers company-wide processes for risk identification, & investigation.
- Supports departments in complying with regulatory or accreditation requirements.
- Plans, develops, & presents educational material to leadership, the clinical staff, & other internal stakeholders on topics related to risk management as they affect VMD employees.
- Oversees investigation of incidents/accidents/events that could lead to financial loss, including professional liability & general liability. Assesses liability & probability of legal action for potential notification of insurance carriers.
- Collaborates with clinical staff to disclose & respond justly to adverse events. Work with non-clinical departments to implement customer services recovery strategies.
- Oversees the operations of the risk management program that may include an enterprise liability approach to exposures.
- Directs loss control/loss prevention activities, reports metrics to senior leadership, & monitors the statistical trending of losses & analyzes patterns.
- Designs & implements risk management surveys & studies.
- Submits recommendations for changes in the existing risk control & risk-financing procedures based on changes in clinics, operations, or activities.
- Maintains awareness of legislative & regulatory activities related to health care risk management.
- Disseminates information on claim patterns & risk control, as well as legislative & regulatory changes.
Skills for success
- A willingness to learn, take initiative & be resourceful
- A bias for action & pragmatic solutions
- Detail oriented, ability to manage & prioritize requests, & effectively communicate
- The ability to be flexible in an ambiguous & dynamic environment
- Ability to solve problems, & establish trust
- A low ego & humility; an ability to gain trust through strong communication & doing what you say you will do
- Strong desire to learn & grow within a fast-growing company
Experience to drive change
- Bachelors Degree required
- 8+ years relevant clinical or legal experience
- Preferred clinical/professional training (RN, JD, or other)
- Advanced degree (JD, Masters in Health Law, MBA, etc.) preferred
- Certified Professional in Healthcare Risk Management, CPHRM preferred
How you will thrive
In addition to competitive salaries, a 401k program with company match, bonus & a valuable health benefits package, VillageMD offers paid parental leave, pre-tax savings on commuter expenses, & generous paid time off. You work in a highly-collaborative, conscientious, forward-thinking environment that welcomes your experience & enables you to make a significant impact from Day 1.
Most importantly, you make a difference. You see a clear connection between your daily work on VillageMD products & services & the advancement of innovative solutions & improved quality of healthcare for providers & patients.
Our unique VillageMD culture how inclusion & diversity make the difference
At VillageMD, we see diversity & inclusion as a source of strength in transforming healthcare.We believe building trust & innovation are best achieved through diverse perspectives. To us, acceptance & respect are rooted in an understanding that people do not experience things in the same way, including our healthcare system.Individuals seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Those seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
Explore your future with VillageMD today.