Squarespace is looking for an Engineering Team Manager to help lead the Checkout & Payments team.
The team's mission is to provide an amazing checkout experience for customers purchasing Squarespace products. We aim to help customers choose & purchase the subscription plan that best aligns with their needs & goals. We also provide clear pathways for customers to change their subscriptions as their needs change. Finally, we want customers to pay with the payment method they are most comfortable with so we add additional options.
This is an opportunity for you to lead a group of engineers while growing as a leader yourself.
You will report directly to the Checkout & Payments Engineering Manager & will be full-time remote position OR in our New York City headquarters.
We have introduced our Flexible Work Philosophy for Squarespace employees, which you can find on our career page. For those who will work out of our offices 1-5 days a week, we have also introduced a detailed return to office approach to guarantee a safe return for our Squarespace employees. The safety of our people is our top priority & we will continue to monitor the status of COVID19.
You'll Get To...
- Develop engineers through coaching, mentoring & feedback
- Have regular 1-1s with team members
- Collaborate with your partners throughout the company to help shape the team's roadmap
- Partner with other leaders to influence product, architectural & organizational choices
- Grow the technical expertise & development practices of your team
Who We're Looking For...
- A deep passion for mentoring engineers
- Experience leading a team of 3+ engineers
- Experience with Frontend frameworks/libraries such as React (preferred) or Angular
- Experience managing multiple, concurrent projects
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you & your dependent children
- Fertility & adoption benefits
- Headspace mindfulness app subscription
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Education reimbursement
- Employee donation match to community organizations
- 7 Employee Resource Groups across locations
- Dog-friendly workplace
- Free lunch & snacks
- Private rooftop
Squarespace is a leading all-in-one website building & ecommerce platform that enables millions to build a brand & transact with their customers in an impactful & beautiful online presence. Our products allow anyone at any stage of their journey to manage their projects & businesses through websites, domains, ecommerce, marketing tools, & scheduling, along with tools for managing a social media presence with Unfold & hospitality business management through Tock. Squarespace democratizes access to outstanding design, helping our customers in approximately 200 countries & territories maintain consistent branding across all digital touchpoints to stand out online. Our team of more than 1,400 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin, Ireland, Portland, Oregon, Los Angeles, California & Chicago, Illinois. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com.www.squarespace.com.
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives & experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace & celebrate the diversity of our customers, but we also work toward the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.