As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The Vice President (VP) of Delivery & Commercialization will be a senior leader & will be responsible for the go to market strategy & execution for the delivery & commercialization of Visa Installment Solutions globally. The VP will be responsible for market launches end to end, working with various groups within & outside of Visa to create launch plans & ultimately execute on those plans. On the business operations side, set up team & processes to manage operational processes within business unit as well as across functional & regional teams. On the commercialization side, the VP will quantify & establish market opportunities & will collaborate with the Regional Product heads & Sales/Business Development teams to drive the market realities into developing the strategy & execution of those plans for Installment Payments. In addition, the VP be responsible for utilizing his/her deep industry, market, & product expertise in Installments, proactively providing thought leadership on market developments, emerging themes, & partnership opportunities. Expected to own & drive market launch to ensure progress toward the goal of accelerated sales & growth of Visa Installment Solutions. Must be willing to pivot & adjust as new information & lessons become known. This is a matrixed, cross-functional role, so organizational savvy & interpersonal skills are critical. As we interface with internal stakeholders, financial institutions, & merchant ecosystem, this leader is instrumental in driving launch & support of Visa Installment Solutions that delivers value & delight with our client partners.
- Create global commercialization strategy for Installments & execution plans for various markets that drive results
- Identify new partnerships, alliances, & opportunities that extend value propositions & influence senior executives with well-crafted business cases, demonstrating the mastery of the card economics & the impact of installments on those economics
- Develop launch plans, coupled with comms & PR strategy, & commercialization execution framework
- Develop pricing, revenue strategies & model
- Develop client segmentation / targeting criteria & considerations in conjunction with market position comparative performance
- Create & apply best practices to commercial constructs, terms, agreements, & pricing structures
- Define & execute Issuer & Seller launch performance plans. Drive budget & forecasting of transactions & volumes. Establish performance & business review cadence
- Leverage learnings across product launches to develop a commercialization Playbook
- Commercialize Installments as a set-play solution, to deliver even greater value for execution for general availability as well as multiple market expansion
- Define client implementation & account support model to drive customer excellence & scalability with CSS, Client Services, Risk, etc. teams. Coordinate operational processes with Regional teams.
- Manage & support policy & compliance changes in collaboration with Policy & Rules teams
- Orchestrate cross-functional coordination to execute pilots & formal product launches, as well as to accelerate product adoption
- Develop & disseminate materials to educate internal & external stakeholders on Installments
- Partner with the client solutions team for new products, pilot product introduction, exploration & interest
- Hire best talent for growth & scale
- 12 years of work experience with a Bachelor's Degree or at least 10 years of experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD) or at least 8 years of work experience with a PhD
- Bachelor's degree from top-tier institution or similar academic experience required. MBA preferred.
- 15+ years of industry related experience. Direct experience in managing high volume credit card portfolios and/or deal making between issuers & merchants for co-branded or private label credit card programs a plus.
- Experience in owning the creation of contracts with all aspects including pricing, incentives, & a keen eye on short & long term profitability
- Experience with commercial launch strategies & developing & managing a team for full scale launch
- Mastery of credit card economics, including second degree impacts of risk on profitability
- Mastery of the installment landscape, the business models & profit levers
- Strong commercial acumen with Credit & Debit card P&L management experience a plus
- Understands the cross-section of financial institutions & seller ecosystem & profitability levers, including acquirers, ISPs, gateways & third party players
- Strategic thinker with superior analytical & problem solving skills
- Payments experience preferred
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- International travel required
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit & stand at a desk, communicate in person & by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones & computers, reach with hands & arms, & bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
This position may require up to 15% oftravel to client sites & Visa locations around the globe.
- Degree from an institution in an analytical discipline or similar academic / professional experience
- A proven track record of success in fast-paced environments with demanding timelines is also required
- Experience in and/or significant exposure to the payments industry preferred
- Experience partnering with technologists using Agile or other expedited design & development methodologies a plus, but not required
- Superior problem solving skills, with demonstrated intellectual & analytical rigor
- Creative thinker, solutions & results-oriented, customer focused, & excellent analytical discipline
- Strong modeling & analysis skills, including mastery of relevant tools like Excel, Tableau, etc.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills demonstrated through past experience developing & growing internal, external & cross functional relationships
- Ability to complete the analysis, craft the message & materials, then deliver well thought-out recommendations to Product Leadership
- Strong attention to detail & process management
- Team oriented, collaborative, diplomatic, & flexible, with strong presentation skills, including oral & written capabilities
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines & applicable local law.