Computational Chemist (ProteoVant Therapeutics)
Roivant is a global biopharma company improving health by rapidly delivering innovative medicines & technologies to patients. We do this by building Vants nimble, independent, entrepreneurial companies with a unique approach to sourcing talent, aligning incentives, & deploying technology. Roivant recently created a new Vant in Protein Degradation, ProteoVant Therapeutics, through the acquisition of a leading protein degradation company, the investment of its own capital & $200 million of outside capital, as well as the creation of an experienced management team to build ProteoVant into a leading, independent protein degrader company.
ProteoVant Therapeutics is a newly launched development-stage biotech company focusing on the discovery & development of disease-modifying therapies by harnessing natural protein homeostasis processes. We recently acquired numerous novel, protein degrader programs that are in discovery & preclinical development through our acquisition of Oncopia Therapeutics, a protein degradation company initially focused on oncology indications. Our lead program(s) in oncology may enter the clinic as early as late 2021. The company recently secured $200M in funding from SK Holdings in addition to investment from Roivant Sciences.
In addition to ProteoVants preclinical & discovery protein degrader programs & its deep relationship with the lab of Dr. Shaomeng Wang at the University of Michigan, Proteovant is enhancing its drug discovery engine to accelerate development by combining deep drugging expertise with innovative technology platforms including VantAI (Roivants AI platform) & Silicon Therapeutics (Roivants physics-driven drug design platform).
Our current therapeutic focus includes oncology, immunology, & CNS, with planned expansion into additional therapeutic areas in the near future. ProteoVant is rapidly expanding its discovery & development teams in biology, chemistry, biochemistry, DMPK, bioinformatics, toxicology & CMC at many levels. Our R&D organization is primarily located close to major pharmaceutical companies in the Philadelphia area where we are building state-of-the-art labs & office space. We also maintain offices in New York City, with remote work a possibility for certain positions. Please send your resumes or inquiries to email@example.com
For additional information on ProteoVant please see our one-page overview here
Location: Pennsylvania, USA
Reporting to: Head of Pre-Clinical R&D & Chief Scientific Officer
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Member or leader of computational chemistry group in support of all stages of Proteovant research & development.
- Member of multidisciplinary drug discovery team including chemistry, biology, DMPK, toxicology, etc.
- Key member of drug design team with medicinal chemists & structure biologists.
- Member of a team responsible for building innovative protein degradation platforms in molecular glues & novel E3 ligases
- Active participation in drug design process in addition to analyzing the designs of others.
- Responsible for hit ID via virtual screenings & hit triage for HTS as well as DEL screening
- Serve as liaison in interactions with VantAI, Roivants subsidiary in AI applications in drug discovery & development
- Ph.D. in Computational Chemistry or related discipline with 8+ years pharmaceutical or biotech in drug discovery
- Experienced in applying molecular modeling methods to structure-based drug design (SBDD) and fragment-based drug discovery (FBDD)
- Proficient with commercial modeling software (e.g., MOE, Schrdinger, Knime/Pipeline Pilot) & other specialized computational techniques
- Self-motivated, strong ability to multi-task & set priorities on multiple projects
- Strong analytical & problem-solving skills & scientific creativity are essential
- Desire & ability to work in collaborative project teams & with medicinal chemists and structure biologists in drug design.
- Experience in cheminformatics, QSAR, & ADME modeling is a plus
- Experience with molecular dynamics, quantum mechanics, & a good understanding of protein dynamics predictions
- Awareness of current developments in computational chemistry & ability to identify opportunities to advance the science in this field
- Knowledge in AI in drug discovery is a plus