Company Description|Job Description
The Kinetica Active Analytics Platform combines streaming & historical data with location intelligence & machine learning-powered analytics. Organizations across automotive, energy, telecommunications, retail, healthcare, financial services, & beyond leverage the platform's GPU-accelerated computing power to build custom analytical applications that deliver immediate, dynamic insight. Kinetica has a rich partner ecosystem, including NVIDIA, Dell, HP, & IBM, & is privately held, backed by leading global venture capital firms Canvas Ventures, Citi Ventures, GreatPoint Ventures, & Meritech Capital Partners.
For more information & trial downloads, visit kinetica.com or follow us on LinkedIn & Twitter.
Kinetica is a fast-growing software firm that enables Active Analytics for major corporations over extremely large data sets, providing a full environment of tools for organizations to store, analyze & visualize their data using relational, geographic, graph information in combination with machine learning.
The DevOps Team's first focus is to keep our company's internal software development ship sailing smoothly. We have multiple software packages that we distribute, the building of which is time-consuming & involves a large list of third-party packages & various software development languages. Our team needs a broad understanding of Bash, Python, & C++ (and other) technologies so that we can understand & enhance how the team reliably & consistently builds, packages & distributes software for our customers.
Our second goal is to create customer-facing prepackaged DevOps tools so that our customers can easily install, maintain & monitor our software, making owning & running our product as simple & pleasurable as possible. We want to give users easy access to our best practices for maintaining our software with as few clicks as possible & provide them up-to-date, centralized, actionable information about the status of any installed clusters.
- Maintain & enhance the existing CI/CD infrastructure & scripts. Identify areas for improvement & work with the DevOps team to decrease build time & increase build reliability.
- Collaborate with the engineering team to create or refine packaging & tooling of ecosystem components, especially as new components are added or updated.
- Provide an understanding of operational best practices in both traditional & more modern enterprise architectures.
- Create & maintain Ansible roles/playbooks to perform user tasks to install & maintain Kinetica clusters.
- Provide a powerful command-line interface/wrapper to the Ansible scripts to save cluster information & isolate the user from Ansible.
- Curiosity & a love of learning
- Tenacity to understand & overcome obstacles in your path
- Demonstrated performance quickly learning & applying new (to you) software tools to solve challenging problems
- Strong experience with Linux
- Experience with Bash script development (especially variables, loops, conditionals, arrays)
- Experience developing in Python
- Experience developing playbooks/roles in Ansible
- Strong knowledge of modern source control (Git preferred)
- Experience using containers, including Docker & Kubernetes
- Experience with the GNU toolchain (make / gcc) & CMake
- Experience with CI/CD tools, such as Jenkins, TeamCity, CircleCI, etc
- Experience creating RPM files using rpmbuild & Deb files using dpkg-deb
- Local candidates only
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.