Were looking for a highly talented & detail oriented individual to join our marketing team in New York as a Senior Associate, Email Marketing . This is a full-time position, reporting to the Sr. Email Marketing Manager, working alongside a team of marketers, analysts, developers, designers, & product managers.
About the Role
Email marketing efforts at Harrys are designed to inspire engagement, increase retention & reactivation, & drive new customer acquisition. As the Email Marketing Senior Associate in charge of Lifecycle & Transactional email, you will play an instrumental role in the day-to-day execution, management, reporting & optimization of Harrys email marketing campaigns for customer retention & acquisition. This role requires a strong desire to be involved in all aspects of email marketing including ESP infrastructure, campaign building, email design, deployment, & deliverability. Analytical acumen, project management skills, & a desire to quickly test & learn are critical to successfully drive the email program forward.
- Continuously test & improve our customer email journey to drive meaningful value for our customers & help achieve business goals: Leverage customer insights, internal data, & learnings from other companies, to inform strategic lifecycle email flows across customer segments. Strive to increase revenue per active customer & mitigate churn. Lead ideation, implementation, & reporting.
- Working cross-functionally to drive retention-related initiatives: Ability to be clear & concise with the objective that we are trying to achieve. Hold brainstorming sessions to understand how retention-related initiatives can span beyond email to other functions (web, acquisition, CX). Project managing cross-functional initiatives.
- Lead & support strategic initiatives: Create a roadmap for lifecycle & transactional email that maps to the larger Direct-to-Consumer roadmap & work with cross-functional partners to inform timelines for required components (creative, emails, attributes) to work towards on-time delivery
- Email production: Coordinate development of assets for emails. Work with analytics, data eng, & web product to ensure we have the data infrastructure to support new emails. Build emails, audiences, & schedule sends in Braze. Setup tests & holdout groups to inform future direction.
- Analytics & reporting: Define the performance metrics for lifecycle emails that we should track, & work with analytics to create the proper reports. Run email & cohort analysis, synthesize, & communicate findings. Have a solid understanding of how key metrics are impacted. Monitor operations & performance of our Lifecycle & Transactional emails to ensure that they are within expectations (sends, opens, clicks, etc.). Provide visibility into the status & performance of tactics to large initiatives on a regular cadence.
- Documentation: Own & maintain documentation of Lifecycle & Transactional email. Create a process that is sustainable to upkeep & easily shareable.
The Skills Were Looking For
- A Doer: Someone who enjoys taking the lead on initiatives to generate positive results quickly. Aligns on strategy then moves forward onto execution.
- Intellectual Curiosity: Always looking to take our email journey to the next level - not satisfied with the status quo.
- Data-Driven/Analytical Critical Thinker: High mathematical aptitude, & ability to quickly transform data into insights to report on success & determine next steps. Comfortable with opportunity sizing & forecasting methodology. Experience identifying if results are statistically significant.
- Process Oriented: High attention to detail with the ability to track multiple streams of work. Use cross-functional inputs to create realistic timelines.
- Email Experience: Experience implementing Lifecycle & Transactional emails. You know the ground rules for operating within the world of Email Marketing & are excited to have a large impact on the organization. You also have hands-on experience working with an ESP or CRM, ideally Braze.
- Technical: Ability to interpret & modify HTML & CSS. A strong understanding of basic web analytics tools & tracking pixels. Leveraging complex formulas in Excel & Google sheets should be second nature. Ability to communicate directly with analysts & data engineers as well as clearly communicate the outcome.
- Great Communicator: Generally keeping everyone up to speed & providing visibility into email tactics, timelines, & project status. Sets proper expectations for work.
- Insightful: Considers the customer point of view & uses key consumer insights & customer data to inform strategy
Experience & qualifications
- 3+ years of relevant full-time experience in a fast paced corporate office setting
- BS/BA degree in Marketing, Communications, Economics, Business, or a related field
- Experience leading cross-functional projects with successful outcomes at a customer-centric company
- Comfortable with data & performing campaign/cohort analysis - familiarity with Looker a plus
- Proven track record of success working autonomously in a fast-paced environment while maintaining a high-level of communication
- Highly organized with exceptional project management skills
- Strong writing skills & outstanding attention to detail
- A desire to learn new things & pivot to support the business
- A great attitude & sense of humor
Here's who you'll work with:
- Part of the Direct-to-Consumer Team (Email, Acquisition, Web product, Design)
- Reporting to Email Marketing Senior Manager
- Work with cross-functionally with: Analytics, Engineering, Creative, Web Product, Marketing, & CX
Harrys started in 2013 with simple, fairly priced products that delivered an amazing experience to guys every day. Since then, Harrys expanded to the UK, developed relationships with retailers such as Target & Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, & launched a womens brand called Flamingo.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, & logistics specialists, Harrys team is comprised of some of the most brilliant, diverse, & humble people youll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion & innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, & backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 3 or 300, our core values & our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement & learning, teamwork & collaboration, creative problem solving, & open & direct dialogue & feedback. Come for the coffee & free products, stay for the amazing, passionate culture.
Harrys is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds & perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, & do great work together. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination against a job applicant on the basis of their race, color, religion, veteran status, sex, parental status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC & are dedicated to going above & beyond in fostering diversity across our company.