Oscar Product is a growing, fast-paced team using technology & design to revolutionize healthcare. As a Senior Product Manager, youll play a key role in helping Oscar solve problems & accelerating your teams execution. Youll have the opportunity to work on a range of high impact problems related to how we build high value networks, help members find the care they need, & manage our members medical costs.
In this role, youll join our Platform product team, which is focused on building a unified, user-centric, & flexible platform to tackle complex problems across our core insurance business.
You will report into a Product Leader in our NYC office.
- Comfortable with complex systems. You know how to analyze & decompose a complex system & communicate that complexity simply & cleanly.
- User-centric. You have a grasp of user experience & design with members, providers, internal users, & more in mind
- A researcher. You can think creatively about how to get the information you need to prove or disprove your hypothesis using user research or data (hard data skills like SQL a plus).
- An end-to-end thinker. You can look at a problem & create a solution all the way from top-level goals to nitty-gritty operational details.
- Empathetic. You understand other disciplines & bring everyone together using clear communication & strong structured thinking.
- Great at prioritizing. There are a million ways to make the healthcare experience better - we cant fix all of them at once! Where will you start & why?
- Collaborative. You love helping engineers, designers, operations experts, & other teams around you do their best work. You are always driving towards a decision.
- Experienced. You have worked directly with engineers in product management roles for 3-5+ years.
- Define the goals & roadmap for your product area & rally a team around them.
- Work with engineers, designers & other internal stakeholders to create specs & implement features.
- Make sure your features are on track & high quality, & help your team adjust them as needed.
- Generate insights from data & user research to inform decisions, create learnings, & measure success.
- Drive outcomes & make sure your projects are progressing smoothly across multiple stakeholders within Ocar, while weighing the trade-offs among speed, scale-ability, simplicity, & quality.
Nice to Haves:
- Previous experience designing robust data models & creating service layers to support feature-full applications
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds & perspectives.
We encourage our members to care for their whole selves, & we encourage our employees to do the same with comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, & volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy:
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.