Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why & Where
Twilio is growing rapidly & seeking a Product Designer to be a key contributor to the design of customer experiences for our billing platform. In this role, you will collaborate with multidisciplinary teams to discover, define, & design experiences that give businesses around the world an accurate billing platform across different Twilio products. The ideal candidate will be a designer who takes a holistic, human-centred approach to design, an advocate of our customer-informed process, & a supporter & active contributor to our inclusive-by-default Design System.
Twilio is seeking a Product Designer who:
- Has a proven user-centered design workflow that comprises: design, prototyping, presentation, sharing & soliciting feedback & collaborative handoffs with developers.
- Can share a portfolio with beautiful, usable, straightforward, & lovable designs that demonstrates strong technical product thinking & an understanding of user-centered design methodologies
- Has a demonstrated advocacy for design & research methodologies, & understands the basics of running quantitative & qualitative research, such as usability testing, analysis, interviews, & field studies.
- Holds a passion for feedback & the ability to provide useful & constructive feedback to peers of all levels.
- Is capable of taking initiative to continue a task/project without prompting & has the desire to grow their discipline & improve performance.
- Experience designing & evolving enterprise application software in a fast-past environment.
- 2-4 years of industry experience & Bachelors (or equivalent) or Masters in HC1 (or equivalent) & 1+ year of relevant experience.
As a Designer on the Billing Platform team, you will live our Twilio Values, & be able to:
- Wear the Customers Shoes: Engage with our developer community to understand their needs, & design products & workflows to unlock their potential.
- Be an Owner: Own & advance the vision for Billing platform products. Take personal accountability for achievement of goals & results.
- Ruthlessly Prioritize: Work closely with Product & Engineering teams, in an agile environment, to solve the most important customer problems effectively & efficiently.
- Draw the Owl: Navigate ambiguity through a scientific mindset - stating hypotheses, testing, learning & adapting.
- Write it Down: Define, design, review, test & specify interfaces, components, systems, frameworks & tools for developer experiences. Articulate the customer problem & success metrics, & gain alignment with stakeholders on your approach to testing, learning, & iterating on a solution.
- Dont Settle: Collaborate with other Product Designers in elevating our standards. Participate in Design Critiques to ensure consistency across Twilio products. Advocate for more efficient processes & higher standards across the UX organization.
- No Shenanigans + Be Inclusive: Remain open, transparent, & inclusive while sharing work at various stages of the process, proactively inviting diverse (and potentially contrary) inputs in your design process, & remaining humble while asking for & providing useful & constructive feedback to peers of all levels.
Twilio Billing Platform teams mission is to deliver a high quality billing experience to our customers. We aspire to be a trusted & empowered group that collaborates with all of our Product teams to make Twilio the Customer Engagement Platform of choice. We are a diverse group that values open communication & empowering individuals to do their best work. The Product Design team plays a critical role in designing the user experience for this platform. As a Product Designer at Twilio, you will be a part of a growing & diverse group of designers, helping to build & shape our design culture & principles.
Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development & your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed & we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems & creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion & innovation & we want you & your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
This position will be in our beautiful office at WeWork Iveagh Court, Block D Harcourt Road, Dublin 2. You will enjoy our incredible perks: Office snacks, order-in lunch, massages, Barista, frequent events, & speakeasy onsite, along with our monthly All Hands gatherings & more.
You will also be part of a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work & home life; that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously & purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do & be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, & can draw the owl & not be beholden to one playbook.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video & email by virtualizing the worlds communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the worlds most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developers toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry from emerging leaders to the worlds largest organizations to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.