When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges & an enormous opportunity ahead of us. It began with our founder Will, arriving in London over 5 years ago & finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite the wealth of incredible restaurants in the city. Fast forward 5 years, & we operate in 13 countries with over 50,000 riders who deliver orders from 50,000 restaurants in over 200 cities worldwide.
...And, were just getting started
The scale of the opportunity ahead of us is immense. The global food market is valued at 7.7trillion, but only 1% of it is currently online. Contrast that with the digital disruption of countlessother industries - from banking & travel to retail & communications - and, its clear that our
journey in the food sector has only just begun. We are already a multi-billion dollar company that is more than doubling in size every year. Deliveroo came top in the FTs list of Europes fastest growing 1000 companies in 2018, & we were the first company ever to win Deloittes UK Top 50 two years in a row. Yet most of the extraordinary value this company will generate lies ahead of us.
As a core member of the in-country management team, you will work closely with the General Manager & local teams, as well as with Regional Marketing & Central teams (i.e., Performance Marketing, Business Intelligence, Insights) to lead the marketing growth strategy for France.
You will build & lead a high-performing team & ensure that they operate with a strong, data-driven understanding of the countrys overall business objectives & a deep knowledge of key customer segments. You & your team will leverage these insights to drive innovative local brand-building that creates cut-through in your channels, as well as effectively partner with central teams to influence the global & regional growth strategy. Critically, you are accountable for expert localisation of the global marketing strategy & for delivering on-the-ground execution of the highest standard. Overall, you will drive demand generation strategies & campaigns that leverage the broader company ecosystem to engage existing customers & drive weekly active customers. You will also ensure Deliveroo operates as a powerful strategic marketing partner to our key restaurant brands across France. To accomplish this, you will align & drive integration with core local market functions, including Commercial & Operations, ensuring collaboration across teams is the norm. Throughout, you will adopt a test-and-learn approach to enhance executional impact & efficiency.
- Build & lead a high-performing local marketing team. Nurture talent, recognise strengths & development opportunities, & support pathways to growth
- Own the marketing growth strategy for France, ensuring this is grounded in understanding of the market P&L & commercial priorities
- Localise & execute the regional marketing strategy, working closely with Regional Marketing, country management & central teams to hit commercial targets
- Deliver integrated, 360-degree marketing campaigns through the management of local marketing budget; set the agenda with Central teams to ensure cross-functional alignment to enable growth in France
- Monitor & share business growth indicators, recognising trends, troubleshooting issues & proactively identifying opportunities to accelerate growth
- Embrace test-and-learn to demonstrate incrementality & ROI of marketing spend; ensure tight oversight, management & optimisation of sizable local marketing budget
- Think innovatively to find solutions to overcome growth-limiting challenges. Proactively identify opportunities that drive step-function increases in growth.
- Champion the local customer, whilst working collaboratively & cross-functionally with local country management (commercial, ops, Deliveroo for Business) & HQ teams (Growth, Performance Marketing, Product, Business Intelligence, Brand, Comms, etc.)
- Minimum 10+ years in online & offline marketing, with proven ability to successfully develop & execute major integrated, multi-channel, customer-centric campaigns
- B2C marketing expertise required; fluent in all aspects of the marketing mix
- B2B marketing experience, particularly in the restaurant or food industry preferred
- Superb analytical skills; demonstrated success using data to make decisions
- Excellent communication & influencing skills, with the ability to drive alignment among multiple stakeholders across levels for solutions to complex, multi-faceted problems
- Growth mindset & a bias towards test-and-learn approaches; Agile experience a plus
- Experience at a top-performing retail/eComm/tech/FMCG company preferred
- Committed people leader, with demonstrated experience building high-performing teams
- Strong English proficiency
- BA degree or equivalent required; MBA or other advanced qualification a plus
- Willingness to travel (~15-25% of the time - across France & to HQ in London)
Benefits & Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business, & we prioritise theirwelfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away & relocation. In 2018 we announced our decision to give every employee equity in the company. We did this because we wanted all of our employees, regardless of location, level or role to be owners & because we believe that this is the right thing to do. We believe this helps build a culture where everyone is committed & able to share in the companys success.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in & how beautifullydiverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food & a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start-ups around.