Nextdoor is the neighborhood hub for you, your neighbors & the broader local community. Nextdoors purpose is to cultivate a kinder world where everyone has a neighborhood they can rely on.
Building connections in the real world is a universal human need. That truth, & the reality that neighborhoods are one of the most important & useful communities in our lives have been guiding principles for Nextdoor. Today, neighbors rely on Nextdoor in neighborhoods around the world in the United States, the United Kingdom, Germany, France, the Netherlands, Italy, Spain, Sweden, Denmark, Australia & Canada, with many more to come.
The Impact Youll Make
We are looking for an Executive Assistant who can wear multiple hats, providing primary support for our Head of Marketing, as well as office management for our growing New York office. The ideal candidate is a highly organized self-starter with superior communication skills & a genuine passion for Nextdoor's mission. The environment is dynamic, energetic & customer-focused!
- Schedule & manage demanding calendars, including internal & external meetings with employees, vendors, & clients
- Manage team meeting agendas, execution & follow up
- Ability to stay close to Head of Marketing & teams deadlines & ensure projects & tasks stay on track/are completed within deadlines
- Interact with confidence across the senior leadership team
- Handle domestic & international travel arrangements along with establishing complex itineraries
- Compile special reports, letters, & memos using various software tools, including Google Productivity Suite,. This will include drafting correspondence on behalf of Nextdoors leadership team for both internal & external distribution
- Prepare & submit expense reports through Workday
- Handle sensitive information & maintain a high-degree of confidentiality
- Manage & coordinate internal & external events such as office holiday parties, dinners, team activities, & casual neighborhood gatherings across the East coast
- Manage ongoing NYC office needs as the main point of contact with building/landlord facilities, running point on maintenance & fulfilling & ordering employee supply requests
- Be a key point of contact between the building landlord & our San Francisco based Head of Places
- Act as stakeholder & collaborator in key team meetings
- Other tasks, as assigned by management
What Youll Bring to The House
- 5+ years experience supporting a C-level Executive
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience
- Superior organizational skills & follow through on tasks
- Proficiency in Google Productivity Suite (Gmail, Calendar, Docs, Slides, Sheets)
- Experience working with Workday preferred
- Strong communication skills & ability to interact with internal & external partners
- Extremely detail oriented & flexible to an ever changing work environment
- Strong problem-solving skills & initiative
- Ability to multitask & work well with team members in a fast-paced environment
- Can do attitude, you think no job is too small
- Prior event management experience is a plus
- Prior office management experience appreciated
At Nextdoor, we empower our employees to build stronger local communities. To create a platform where all feel welcome, we want our workforce to reflect the diversity of the customers we seek to serve. We encourage everyone interested in our purpose to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, or any other trait that unfairly targets a group of people. In accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we always consider qualified applicants with arrest & conviction records.