Vox Media employees thrive on innovation & change while ambitiously seeking to master their subject areas, hone their craft, & improve their communities. We help smart, talented, creative professionals make a meaningful impact in media, technology & the world around them. Vox Medias networks & businesses include SB Nation, Eater, The Verge, Vox, Curbed, Recode & Code Conferences, Polygon, Concert, Chorus, Vox Creative, Vox Entertainment, & the Vox Media Podcast Network.
As the Client Partnerships & Strategy Lead, you will be joining an exciting new Vox Media division. The team focuses on communicating & capitalizing on, our brands position as a modern media company. Working in partnership with the rest of the Global Partnerships & Strategy team, you will help shape the go-to-market & value proposition. In addition, in you collaborate with the vertical sales managers & others, you will leverage your current relationships & contacts from within Vox Media to explore how we best partner going forward. We are looking for a strategic thinking, who thrives in a fast paced, collaborative environment & enjoys being a change agent.
This role will report to SVP of Global Partnerships & Strategy & be based out of New York with occasional travel to outer markets.
What youll do:
- Create & maintain key client & agency, account relationships using a consultative & strategic approach
- Facilitate NYC & outer market based meetings to glean actionable intel, strategic introductions & tangible next steps for the sales organization
- Collaborate with vertical sales leads on go-to-market plan that will drive incremental opportunity including sponsorships, custom packages & positioning
- Spreadhead unique partnership ideas & new ventures that lead to incremental revenue and/or larger investments
- Partner with GMs, ad ops, creative services & colleagues
What youll bring:
- Deep understanding of a range of categories buying needs
- Experience using events & other touch points to create larger sponsorships & activations
- Existing high level relationships with brands, media & marketing activation buyers from prior commercial relationships
- Has sold range of digital ad products including display, premium, video, native/branded & programmatic
- Ability to work in a high-growth, resource constrained environment
- Strategic leader in business strategies with a track record of leading innovative monetization schemes
- Proven track record of creating strong & executable consumer focused marketing ideas
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills & relationship orientation for collaborative problem solving
About working at Vox Media: This is a permanent, full-time position with excellent benefitsincluding flexible hours & generous parental leave. Vox Media strives to provide comprehensive healthcare options for our employees & to ensure that our healthcare & other benefits are LGBTQ-inclusive. You'll be joining a group of focused, hard-working, creative people who are passionate about doing work that's challenging & funand who strive to maintain a healthy work/life balance.
Vox Media is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds & everyone is encouraged to apply. Vox Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer & does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.