ABOUT THE ROLE
As an Art Director at Peloton, you will be responsible for the development, presentation, & creation of visual assets that will be used across advertising channels including but not limited to: native app, email, print, social, & paid media. This role will be responsible for overseeing & developing various visual deliverables across retention marketing. The successful candidate will possess a sharp creative eye, a strong creative thinker & innovator, & a solid attention to styling, branding, typography, & passion for marketing. They will collaborate closely with Pelotons internal creative team & work alongside, creative directors, stakeholders, designers, copywriters, editors, & retouchers.
- Foster a culture & an environment that is conducive to creative development
- Present concepts to clients, attend and/or lead client meetings & pitches as well as plan, develop, & defend creative recommendations, goals, & timelines
- Collaborate with UX, photographers, illustrators, content writers & more, with grace & ease to execute creative & innovative ideas & ensure they are on strategy & on schedule
- Maintain accurate & current knowledge of new design techniques, trends & applicable software
- Work in conjunction with Creative Director to insure the success of active projects
- Work closely with cross-functional partners in Content Marketing, PR, apparel & have a deep understanding of seasonal messaging strategies in order to develop concepts, designs & art direction to support the strategy
- Provide strategic visual solutions for marketing materials such as paid, email, social, marketing landing pages, site/app refreshes, print & OOH
- Apply conceptual thinking & creativity to complex business problems & briefs from conception to production
- Actively participates in the ideation process leveraging research, analytics & brand insights
- Elevates & evolves brand aesthetics while supporting overall brand direction
- Attends meetings as design lead & stays current with market trends to understand competitive landscape
- Will provide direction on-set for teams of 10 - 15 people.
- They will be responsible to maximize static & motion assets across a minimum of 17 shoots a year
- A minimum of 7+ years of experience in an art direction or design role with experience in-house or advertising within ecommerce & apparel
- 3 - 5 years of experience in art directing fashion shoots
- Be a proactive problem solver & thought leader by seeking out opportunities to better our visual communication or design
- Experience concepting for a variety of digital platforms, including video, social media
- Commanding knowledge of fashion industry & pop culture trends & deep library of aesthetic references
- Provide samples of impeccable aesthetic sensibility, innovative design & typography
- Solid understanding of creative production timelines, budgets & needs to ensure a productive on-set experience & output while maximizing video & still assets across multiple projects a year
- Must have existing relationships with external talent/vendors within the industry--photographers, directors, illustrators, animators, CGI & post-production houses, & any of their corresponding representation.
- Print production process, knowledge of production techniques & file prep procedures
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite
Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global interactive fitness platform that brings the energy & benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience & comfort of home. We use technology & design to bring our Members immersive content through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, & Peloton Digital, which provide comprehensive, socially-connected fitness offerings anytime, anywhere. We believe in taking risks & challenging the status quo by continuously innovating & improving. Our team is made up of passionate brand ambassadors, & we know that together, we go far.
Headquartered in New York City, with offices, warehouses & retail showrooms in the US, UK & Canada, Peloton is changing the way people get fit. Peloton has been named to many prestigious industry lists, including Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies, CNBC's Disruptor 50, Crain's New York Business' Tech25 & Fast50, as well as TIME's Genius Companies. Visit www.onepeloton.com/careers to learn more about joining our team.