About this Role
At Fandom, a Tabletop Content Producer plays a key role in spearheading coverage of DND Beyond & Cortex Prime, with a focus on written & video formats. This role works closely with the content team as well as the branded team to generate robust focused content plans in advance of upcoming releases, features, & other special events related to tabletop gaming. This role manages the creation of written, video, & editorial pieces from ideation through execution, writing as well as assigning to freelance contractors or staff, tracking to delivery, & ensuring all work is completed with a high bar for quality. This role works as part of the larger content & editorial team to share resources & help plan out agendas with long lead times to best prepare ahead for whats in the works.
- Brainstorm ongoing coverage of DND Beyond & Fandom tabletop brands, coming up with potential features (written & video) for upcoming releases
- Come up with recurring concepts & features for both video & print coverage that can be used repeatedly for future franchises & features
- Write stories or copy for video for DND Beyond & Fandom tabletop coverage
- Build a dependable group of freelance writers, video editors, & other talent & assign stories, scripts, & video production to them as needed.
- A deep passion for & understanding of D&D & tabletop RPGs
- 5+ years of editorial or digital production experience
- Strong storytelling & writing skills
- An eagle-eye for accuracy & detail
- A track record of communicating effectively with writers, producers, talent, crew, & anyone else involved in productions
- A command of editorial & production terminology & procedures
- An ability to juggle multiple projects to hit deadlines on time & on budget
- Digital video production skills including knowledge of physical & post-production workflow, ability to direct & execute video content
- Experience working with writers, video editors & talent
- Contacts across the TTRPG space that are experts in various systems & genres & that can become regular contributors
- Notable expertise & knowledge about video games across platforms
- An understanding of & interest in various TTRPG systems
- A love for & knowledge of D&D lore
Bonus Points if You Have...
- An ability to appear on camera
- A social media following connected to the D&D/RPG space
Benefits & Perks
- Stock options
- Training based on business needs
- Open, energetic & fan-focused, international work environment
- Miscellaneous perks such as wellness programs, swag, etc.
Fandom is a global entertainment media brand powered by fan passion. The fan-trusted source in entertainment, Fandom provides a home to explore, contribute to, & celebrate the world of pop culture. Whether looking for in-depth information on favorite fandoms or whats buzzing in entertainment, Fandom has your pop culture curiosities covered through fan-expert knowledge & carefully curated & fun, original multi-platform content.
Fandom has a global audience of almost 300 million monthly unique users & encompasses over 400,000 fan communities. We currently feature more than 55 million pages of content, inclusive of video. Our Fandom values are:
- We serve a global community.
Connection with our fans, creators, & partners is at our core, & its grounded by our active efforts of inclusion.
- We build experiences.
We imagine, improve, & deliver solutions.
- We bring joy.
We celebrate our fandoms, our teammates, & the work we do.
Fandom is an Equal Opportunity Employer