At Lyft, our mission is to improve peoples lives with the worlds best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, & diverse organization.
Demand & Supply Platform (DSP) is at the very core of rideshare at Lyft. We own the backend services which enable all the passenger & driver actions. Our services & APIs support the most fundamental & critical functionalities at Lyft - from a passenger requesting a ride, to a driver acknowledging a drop-off to the endless opportunities offered by emerging verticals like deliveries & concierge. We ensure a smooth ride experience for Lyft drivers & riders throughout the life of a ride. We do this by continuously evolving our platform & insisting on the highest operational standards for our services, most of which are Tier-0. Being at the center of Lyfts tech ecosystem, this role provides an opportunity to interface with cross-functional partners across various lines of business.
As a leader on the team, you are the owner of the roadmap - from planning, through execution & delivery. You are responsible for building a great team by hiring new engineers, fostering their career growth, coaching them, & developing a strong team culture. You partner with technical leads & provide technical guidance & direction to the team.
- Lead a team of talented engineers who like to ship code & tackle hard engineering problems
- Mentor & guide the professional & technical development of your team members
- Help develop their careers, & assign them to projects tailored to their skill levels, personalities, work styles, & professional goals
- Build teams that are collaborative, inclusive, & respectful of each other
- Provide continuous feedback, address underperformance, & recognize the individual strengths & contributions of your team members
- Create plans for prioritizing technical & resourcing challenges in your organization
- Maintain a balance between building sustainable, high-impact projects & shipping things quickly
- Instill a spirit of continuous improvement in the teams code, architecture, & processes
- Work closely with the Lyft recruiting team to hire high potential candidates from diverse backgrounds
- Work with your engineers & product managers to maintain a prioritized backlog & create short term & long term goals
- Own your teams deliverables & ensure we continue to ship scalable, highly-available products that delight our passengers & drivers
- You have at least 7 years of software development experience
- You have a technical background & are able to contribute to planning & design discussions
- You are steadfastly focused on your customers, whether they are drivers, passengers, or other Lyft employees
- You have at least 3 years of experience leading a team of engineers & guiding them through their career development
- You believe in building both teams & products that scale
- You enjoy working in a collaborative environment, & youre committed to driving projects to completion creatively
- You can motivate & instill a strong sense of ownership in your team
- You have experience guiding teams through planning, prioritization, & execution of work
- You think ahead & build for the future
- Great medical, dental, & vision insurance options
- Mental health benefits
- Family building benefits
- In addition to 12 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, & foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
For candidates living in Colorado the expected base pay range is $182,160-$211,600 and depending on a variety of non-discriminatory factors, including qualifications, experience & geographic location.
This role is work-from-anywhere, excluding the following states & U.S. territory: Kansas, Mississippi, Oklahoma, West Virginia, Puerto Rico
Lyft is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to an inclusive & diverse workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state & local law.
Until further notice, Lyft employees working in the United States & Canada in any capacity (on a daily or hybrid schedule, remote, or as a visitor) are required to provide proof that they are fully vaccinated & up to date against COVID-19. Fully vaccinated & up to date means an employee has: 1) received all recommended doses in a primary series of COVID-19 vaccine; & 2) either has received a booster dose or is not yet eligible to receive a booster dose but will do so when eligible. Lyft will maintain records associated with your vaccination history in a way that is compliant with all relevant Federal, state & local laws. Exceptions to this requirement are employees who require religious or medical exemption as approved through Lyft's accommodations process. New employees must provide proof of full vaccination or receive an accommodation exception approval prior to their start date.