At Vimeo, we love designing & engineering tools that combine power with ease of use. Our engineers work within cross functional teams on professional-grade video tools for creators, supporting the work of hundreds of thousands of videographers & businesses worldwide.
About the team:
Were a small team that cares about user experience & celebrates technical excellence. We emphasize collaboration & believe diverse perspectives are key to building great technology. We also believe that great teams reach success faster when teammates take the time for self-care & care for one another.
What youll do:
- Work on building new features in Kotlin interfacing with a mixed Kotlin & Java architecture
- Build & improve tools for video creators that combine high-quality user experience with performance & scalability
- Work closely with our Design & Product teams to move projects from conception to launch, then iterate & test new features
- Youll be designing & building an improved architecture for significant parts of our stack to ensure its effectiveness for years to come.
- Grow technically & professionally in a collaborative & inclusive environment with opportunities to learn & share with others
Skills & knowledge you should possess:
- At least 3 years of professional experience coding & shipping Android applications
- Extensive experience designing & implementing systems with clarity, reusability, testability, & scalability in mind
- Ability to communicate & collaborate respectfully & effectively with both technical & non-technical teams
- Mastery of Java and/or Kotlin
- In-depth experience with multithreaded & networked applications
- Strong organizational ability & can break up projects into manageable pieces & complete them in a timely manner
Nice to have experience with the following:
- MVP design pattern
- Dependency injection
At Vimeo, our mission is to empower video creators to tell exceptional stories & connect with their audiences & communities. Home to more than 90 million members in over 150 countries, Vimeo is the worlds largest ad-free open video platform, providing powerful tools to host, share & sell videos in the highest quality possible.
We work hard to enable creators of all kinds to succeed, & to that end, we prioritize attracting diverse talent & cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration & creativity. Were committed to building a company & a community where people thrive by being themselves & are inspired to do their best work every day.
Vimeo is based in New York City, with additional offices in Europe & India. Vimeo is an operating business of IAC (NASDAQ: IAC). Learn more at www.vimeo.com.