Working as a member of Domos Client Services team, the Senior Technical Consultant will be focused on the implementation of fault tolerant, highly scalable solutions. The successful candidate will have a minimum of 5 years working hands-on with data. This individual will join an enthusiastic, fast-paced & dynamic team at Domo. A successful candidate will have demonstrated sustained exceptional performance, innovation, creativity, insight, good judgment.
- Works with customers, end-users, technical analyst, & application designers to define the data requirements & structure to answer key business questions & solve business problems for customers.
- Designs models for the data warehouse or data mart (data structure, storage, & integration).
- Works with our team to aggregate large data sets for use within Domo solutions.
- Develops, designs, & optimizes complex SQL queries.
- Leads the database analysis, design, & build effort.
- Designs maps of source system data to data warehouse models.
- Develop strategies for data acquisitions & integration of the new data into Domo's Data Engine.
- Consultation & mentoring customers on best practices & skills to drive greater self-sufficiency.
- 5+ years of experience supporting business intelligence systems in a BI or ETL Developer role.
- Expert SQL skills required.
- Expertise with Windows & Linux environments.
- Expertise with at least one of the following database technologies & familiarity with the others: relational, columnar & NoSQL (i.e. MySQL, Oracle, MSSQL, Vertica, MongoDB).
- Understanding of data modeling skills (i.e. conceptual, logical & physical model design - with both traditional 3rd normal form as well as dimensional modeling, such as star & snowflake).
- Experience dealing with large data sets.
- Advanced Excel skills, including pivot tables & VBA (Visual Basic for Applications).
- Goal oriented with strong attention to detail.
- Proven experience in effectively partnering with business teams to deliver their goals & outcomes.
- Bachelor's Degree in in Information Systems, Statistics, Computer Science or related field preferred OR equivalent professional experience.
- Excellent problem solving skills & creativity.
- Ability to think outside the box.
- Ability to learn & adapt quickly to varied requirements.
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment.
Nice to Have
- Experience working with APIs
- Experience with scripting technologies (Java, Python,R, etc.)
- Experience defining scope & requirements for projects
- Excellent oral & written communication skills, & comfort presenting to everyone from entry-level employees to senior vice presidents
- Experience with statistical methodologies.
- Experience with a wide variety of business data (Marketing, Finance, Operations, etc)
- Experience with Large ERP systems (SAP, Oracle JD Edwards, Microsoft Dynamics, NetSuite, etc)
- Understanding of Data Science, Data Modeling & analytics