Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind - making sure that Visa is the best way to pay & be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision & the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people & businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash & checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics & FIFA World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, & excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience & security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team & find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
The Merchant & Acquirer Processing team is going through a transformation to converge our enterprise & small business platforms; while maintaining our market leading position & strong brand reputation across these segments. As a Senior Staff Software Engineer, you will be integral part of this transformation & will be solving challenging business problems & buildhighly scalable & available applications.The candidates will be extensively involved in hands-on activitiesincluding technical evaluation, architecture, design, documentation, development & test of new functionality. Candidate must be flexible & willing to switch tasks based on team's needs.
Here are key job responsibilities -
- Define architecture, create solution documents, low level design, code, unit test & implement new programs as well as enhancements to existing software.
- Collaborate with business units & technical staff to define requirements/modifications in designing appropriate solutions.
- Take ownership & lead the engineering responsibility for multiple components in a project.
- Coordinate engineering activities across the delivery of the project & work with engineers to ensure they are delivering quality & efficiently against project requirements.
- Evaluate technical options & provide recommendation on scope & scale of effort required to develop end-to-end solutions.
- Lead & support both product & technical discussions about how to apply existing & new technology in support of the business.
- Provide technical mentoring to a team of talented engineers.
- Support & deliver resulting initiatives from business plan & technology strategy demonstrating re-use, architectural principles & use of innovative products.
- Suggest & cultivate ideas on the extension of the current systems to innovate new products & services.
- Understand positioning of the solution within the company & build consensus to effectively gain buy-in from all participants.
- Identify opportunities for further enhancements & refinements to standards, processes & systems.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical field required. Masters Degree or other advanced degree preferred.
- 13+ years of relevant experience with 3+ years of experience in technical leadership role.
- Strong understanding & working experience in Distributed Web Architecture - should have experience with service registry, container architecture, distributed caching, streaming apps, NoSQL & RDBMS.
- Hands-on understanding of architecture & operations of highly available & scalable web services
- Expertise with the Java 8 platform or higher, Spring, Vertx, Akkaframework or similar
- Experience in building Microservices, specifically with HTTP, REST, JSON andXML.
- Experience inAdvanced Java Script or Angular or React
- Sound understanding of Service & IT operations management & DevOps model, good knowledge of deployment & capacity planning
- Strong understanding of Enterprise Integrations using web services & REST
- Understand the Security requirements & standards & contemporary trends in Security risks as well as technologies
- Experience with agile development process
Nice to Have:
- Domain experience in Payment technologies
- Experience with Mobile computing & Mobile payment solutions
- Experience in Data Analytics & tools such as Hadoop,Spark etc.