Who we are:
MasterClass is transforming online education by enabling anyone in the world to learn from the very
best. We are deconstructing what makes an actor able to cry on demand, how an athlete defies gravity,
and what it takes to write a bestseller. Our online learning content is available to students anywhere
anytime, which supports our mission to ignite the greatness in others.
We are a quickly growing VC-funded startup based in San Francisco, with additional offices in Los
Angeles. We have created online classes taught by famous masters Gordon Ramsay, Serena Williams,
Neil deGrasse Tyson, Sara Blakely, David Sedaris, Bobbi Brown, Timbaland, Anna Wintour & many
more to come.
Since launching in 2015, we have been growing our team. Apply now to find out more about what we are
doing behind the scenes.
What we need:
Growth product plays a foundational role at Masterclass & is at the core of increasing the lifetime value of our members. The growth organization tackles challenging problems through its main pillars of driving traffic, converting that traffic to members, & retaining those members. Operating across all those pillars is the MarTech Team whose mission is to elevate & super charge our lifecycle & performance marketing teams capabilities.
As our user base has grown we have the opportunity to deliver a greater member value through delivering a holistic omni channel approach to our member communications. We are looking for a product manager to help build out the systems, processes, & data pipeline to enable our amazing marketing team to deliver the best communications to our members at the right times.
In this role you will be the foundational member of the MarTech organization & will be executing on both 0-1 initiatives & 1-100 projects to augment our current team.
What we are looking for:
- Product Manager to execute on our Lifecycle product at MasterClass which includes building product to augment our Lifecycle team's ability to deliver the most impactful campaigns
- We need to build the workflows & tools necessary to empower our strong marketing teams to send the best campaigns possible. This means we need to make sure our platform has the right data at the right time, that we identify & build the right segments & personas, & the right data is available to power those personas via all communications channels, some of which will need to be built & unified (email, push, sms, in-app, other)
- Our vision is to create a best-in-class technical & operational capability. We strive to understand our members, segment them in ways that make sense, & offer them tailored interventions consisting of messaging & promotions to help them progress from new users, to engaged users, to users who renew each year & couldnt imagine living without their MasterClass membership. By layering best-in-class lifecycle practices on top of our already successful core content offering, we believe we can create incredible value for our members & the company
- Understanding & practice of different lifecycle systems, their strengths, weaknesses, & tradeoffs
- The lifecycle role will require us to think differently about our user CRM & other data systems & build/buy/integrate significantly improved capabilities, the product strategy of which is part of this role
What You Will Do:
- Partner closely with stakeholders in marketing, data science, & engineering
- Understand & improve our user journey & business performance from first ad impression to the most recent push notification for a seasoned member
- Select the right combination of targeting, optimization, nudges, promotions, upgraded CRM, & member segmentation, & other tools to help users join masterclass, stay engaged, & choose to renew
- Product Management experience in MarTech, performance marketing, and/or growth
- Excellent communication & collaboration skills for a highly XFN role across marketing, PM, engineering, executives
- Proven experience building, & integrating technical products in a growth environment specifically along the lifecycle journey
At MasterClass, we believe we put our best work forward when our employees bring together ideas that are diverse in thought. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace & are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. In addition, MasterClass will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you have a disability or special need, we would like to know how we can better accommodate you.