Company Description|Job Description
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind - making sure that Visa is the best way to pay & be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision & the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people & businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash & checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics & FIFA World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, & excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience & security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team & find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
Visa Business Solutions - B2B Services group is part of Data & Product Development team in Visa's Technology organization & is responsible for designing, developing & implementing Value Added Information Products & Services for Visa's Commercial line of business globally. We develop, support & maintain various Commercial platforms including Commercial data processing, B2B payments, & data warehousing & BI platforms. This position will be based in Austin, Texas. The successful candidate will be a senior level Software Engineer.
This position is ideal for a talented software engineer who is passionate about solving challenging business problems & building applications that provide an excellent user experience. You will be an integral part of theCommercial B2Bdevelopment team focusing on design & build of software solutions that leverage data to solve business problems. Sometimes you will be working on brand-new software solutions, & at other times, you may be refactoring existing functionality for high performance/availability & maintainability but always working on ways to provide better solutions to our customers.
The role is for a self-motivated individual with expert software engineering skills, extensive knowledge of Database systems (RDBMS) & a willingness to learn Big Data systems integration & technologies. The candidate will be extensively involved in hands-on activities including proof of concept development projects, design, documentation, development & testing of new functionality. Candidate must be flexible & willing to switch tasks based on team's needs. Agile Scrum is the dominant software development methodology & you will be working in a team environment.
Collaborate with project team members (Product Managers, Architects, Analysts, Developers, Project Managers, etc.) in order to ensure development & implementation of new data driven business solutions.
Drive development effort End-to-End for on-time delivery of high quality solutions that conform to requirements, conform to the architectural vision, & comply with all applicable standards. Responsibilities span all phases of solution development including:
Solution development including coding & unit testing
Engagement in requirements definition & clarification in collaboration with Business to ensure completeness & common understanding; deep understanding of the business needs is important.
Collaboration & alignment with architects & senior technologists on architecture & design
Providing solid cost estimates for effort & time
Creating design documentation
Facilitating design reviews to provide input on functional requirements, product designs, schedules, or potential problems.
Facilitating code reviews with team members & third party vendors.
The review & assessment of impact of proposed scope changes on assigned deliverables
Work with other engineering teams to facilitate a common approach to continuous integration that includes build automation, test automation, & deployment automation.
Collaborate with senior technical staff & PM to identify, document, plan contingency, track & manage risks & issues until all are resolved
Present technical solutions, capabilities, considerations, & features in business terms. Effectively communicate status, issues, & risks in a precise & timely manner.
- Minimum of Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- 2 or more years of work experience or more than 1 year of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD)
- Experience in C#, ASP.NET, Java, J2EE, UNIX/Linux, PL/SQL, Data Structures, Design Patterns, Optimizations, Object-Oriented design, Shell scripting
- Proficiency with Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design & analysis
- Experience with .NET or Core java basics & Algorithms, Multi-threading, Spring, Hibernate etc.
- Hands on experience in developing message based architecture & low latency applications
- Experience with application performance, memory management, & understand fundamentals of garbage collection.
- Experience with Spring MVC, Struts, JPA & Hibernate technologies.
- Experience in webservers like IIS, Tomcat, JWS, JBOSS.
- Expertise in Service Oriented Design & implementing RESTful APIs, JSON, Web services & XML
- Strong knowledge & working experience in relational database technology: SQL, JDBC, Oracle
- Experience with NoSQL database systems like MongoDB
- Experience with Web Services (JAX-RPC, JAX-WS, JAXB, REST/XML-over-HTTP, SOAP, WSDL)
- Agile Scrum development experience is preferred
- Design, Code, document & implement new applications as well as existing programs
- Contribute to enhancements, & corrections to existing applications codebase
- Develop code that complies with design specifications & meets security & Java/JEE best practices. Coding must adhere to all standards for security, be easily maintainable & have high system performance.
- Create unit test cases & automated regression testing test cases
- Collaborate with Development & QA staff on individual & team deliverables
- Create documentation & procedures for installation & maintenance
- Conduct code reviews, as requested, to comply with coding standards
- Build working relationships with global & virtual teams on software development
Identify opportunities for future enhancements & refinements to standards, best practices & development methodologies.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit & stand at a desk, communicate in person & by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones & computers, reach with hands & arms, & bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines & applicable local law.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.