At Noom, we use scientifically proven methods to help our users create healthier lifestyles, & manage important conditions like Type-II Diabetes, Obesity, & Hypertension. Our Engineering team is at the forefront of this challenge, solving complex technical & UX problems on our mobile apps that center around habits, behavior, & lifestyle.\
We are looking for a Senior Frontend Engineer to join one of our Web teams & help build the tools that hundreds of human coaches use every day to help our users change their lives for the better.
What Youll Like About Us
- We work on problems that affect the lives of real people. Our users depend on us to make positive changes to their health & their lives.
- We base our work on scientifically-proven, peer-reviewed methodologies that are designed by medical professionals
- Were a respectful, diverse, & dynamic environment in which Engineering is a first-class citizen, & where youll be able to work on a variety of interesting problems that affect the lives of real people.
- We offer a generous budget for personal development expenses like training courses, conferences, & books.
- Youll get three weeks paid vacation & a flexible work policy that is remote- & family-friendly (about 50% of our engineering team is fully remote). We worry about results, not time spent in seats.
- Delicious (and nutritious) daily lunches & snacks prepared by Sam, our NYC office on-site chef.
What Well Like About You
- You have 4+ years of experience building modern applications that are designed to run in the browser & take full advantage of the best technologies to deliver a rich, dynamic experience to your users.
- You possess deep, strategic knowledge of frontend platforms, including JS, ES20xx, CSS, browser technologies & platformsand love mentoring less-senior engineers in it.
- You have built complex componentized applications with frontend web technologies like Vue or React.
- You possess excellent communication skills & the ability to clearly communicate technical concepts to a non-technical audience
- You have a proven track record of building complex technology & guiding less senior members of the team to create code that is well-organized, easy to read & maintain, & optimized for its intended purpose
We are an equal opportunity employer & do not discriminate or tolerate discrimination against employees or qualified job applicants on the basis of race, color, religion, sex/gender, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. This policy extends to all aspects of employment, including but not limited to, recruitment, selection, compensation, benefits, promotion, training, transfer & termination.