Andela is a network of technology leaders dedicated to advancing human potential. We help companies build high-performing distributed engineering teams by investing in Africas most talented software developers. Based in NYC, SF, Lagos, Nairobi, & Kampala, Andela is catalyzing the growth of tech ecosystems across the African continent while solving the global technical talent shortage.
About the Role
Andela is looking for a leader on our Strategy & Operations team with a strong bias towards action that can spot what needs to be done, effectively prioritize & mobilize teams to accomplish Andelas overarching goals.
The current team is a small & highly leveraged group of folks who spike in analytical thinking, project & stakeholder management, & getting stuff done. As one of three members of this team, you will work closely with leadership across our talent supply & demand functions, with your work impacting thousands of engineers & staff globally.
Recent examples of the teams impact across Andela include:
- Created robust churn mitigation, onboarding & renewal programs for our partner experience team
- Incubated a new engineer staffing function to increase revenue & drive alignment between talent supply & demand teams
- Currently leading operations for our engineer recruiting team to enable a 300% increase in engineer hiring YoY
Everyone who joins the team today will have to be incredibly hands-on, vision-driven, & comfortable with the notion that were building in flight. Its a great opportunity for someone who loves to build process vs. follow it, lead & learn simultaneously, & can operate with a high degree of autonomy. This role is ideal for someone who could be a future Director of Strategy or head of a functional operations team.
- Lead execution of large-scale projects that directly impact business results
- Identify inefficiencies, & scope, plan & conduct analyses in support of strategic & operational projects
- Work cross-functionally to develop & execute implementation plans, with appropriate change management strategies
- Clearly & concisely communicate findings to senior management
- Based on Andelas needs, build & act as an interim lead of new functions
- 6+ years experience, with at least two years of experience at a top-tier consulting firm AND operational experience at a high-growth technology start-up
- 2+ years of people management experience
- Proficiency with data analysis; ability to interpret, analyze & manipulate data strategically
- Structured, logical, & creative thinking: the ability to dissect a problem using a critical approach & iteratively test solutions
- Established track record in driving cross-functional initiatives with measurable impact
- Strong verbal & written communication skills, with the ability to present clear, well-thought out recommendations
- Excited about rolling up your sleeves & getting stuff done in the unstructured environment of a hyper-growth technology startup
- International experience is an asset
Benefits & Compensation
- Full-time compensation
- Full medical coverage
- Lunch & snacks provided daily
- Beautiful working environment
- Opportunity to work with the brightest minds on the planet
- Oh, And a chance to change the world!
We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status