At Lyft, our mission is to improve peoples lives with the worlds best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, & diverse organization.
As a product designer at Lyft, you will be involved at every step of the product development process, from brainstorming broad ideas to ensuring design quality through launch. Using your full range of interaction, visual, & product thinking skills, you will lead & own an entire experience.
As a qualified candidate, you have a track record of leading projects to successful outcomes for users & the business. You are a strong cross-functional partner, great communicator, & able to take a solution from idea to implementation. You have a passion for designing products that empower people to make intelligent, confident decisions with data. You uphold a high quality bar & have a strong appreciation for the details. Above all, you approach problems holistically & create elegantly simple solutions to multi-faceted problems.
- Problem solve, think big, & explore divergent concepts/ideas while understanding how to converge & build iteratively towards your vision
- Plan strategically, think tactically & create a unified end-to-end experience through close cross-functional collaboration with Engineering, Product Management & Science
- Influence the shape of the product with research & data while executing design work using high quality wireframes, mockups, user journeys, & cross-platform interactive prototypes
- Advocate for design by sharing your work & presenting cross-functionally, while being able to precisely articulate design rationale
- Inspire the entire team (including your cross-functional partners) by bringing new ideas to the table
- 4+ years of experience working in UX, UI, HCI related field
- Experience working on data-focused applications with real-world data sets
- Experience designing enterprise web products
- Ability to comprehend highly technical analytical concepts (e.g., machine learning processes, experiment configuration, exploratory data analysis techniques) & to communicate about them with a variety of audiences
- Excellent oral & written communication skills, especially when communicating with analytics consumers
- Highly proficient with design tools (Figma, Sketch, etc.)
- Highly proficient with interactive prototyping tools (Framer, Principle, Origami, Invision Studio, etc.)
- Excellence in design craft
- Ability to work with a low-ego, highly collaborative, cross-functional team
- Excited about working in a fast-paced, dynamic startup environment
- Great medical, dental, & vision insurance options
- In addition to 11 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, & foster parents are all eligible
- Monthly commuter subsidy to cover your transit to work
- 20% off all Lyft rides
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues & hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy & safe workplace & strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance & other similar state laws & local ordinances, & its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest & conviction records.