At Lyft, our mission is to improve peoples lives with the worlds best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, & diverse organization.
Lyfts Research Science Team builds mathematical models underpinning the platforms core services. Compared to other technology companies of a similar size, the set of problems that we tackle is incredibly diverse. They cut across optimization, prediction, modeling, inference, transportation, & mapping. We are hiring motivated experts in each of these fields. We're looking for someone who is passionate about solving mathematical problems with data, & are excited about working in a fast-paced, innovative & collegial environment.
You will report into a Science Manager.
- Partner with Engineers, Product Managers, & Business Partners to frame problems, both mathematically & within the business context.
- Perform exploratory data analysis to gain a deeper understanding of the problem
- Construct & fit statistical, machine learning, or optimization models
- Write production modeling code; collaborate with Software Engineers to implement algorithms in production
- Design & run both simulated & live traffic experiments
- Analyze experimental & observational data; communicate findings; facilitate launch decisions
- M.S. or Ph.D. in Statistics, Operations Research, Mathematics, Computer Science, or other quantitative fields
- 4+ years professional experience
- Passion for solving unstructured & non-standard mathematical problems
- End-to-end experience with data, including querying, aggregation, analysis, & visualization
- Proficiency with Python, or another interpreted programming language like R or Matlab
- Willingness to collaborate & communicate with others to solve a problem
- Great medical, dental, & vision insurance options
- In addition to 11 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, & foster parents are all eligible
- Monthly commuter subsidy to cover your transit to work
- 20% off all Lyft rides
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues & hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy & safe workplace & strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance & other similar state laws & local ordinances, & its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest & conviction records.