Who we are:
MasterClass is transforming online education by enabling anyone in the world to learn from the very best. We are deconstructing what makes an actor able to cry on demand, how an athlete defies gravity, & what it takes to write a bestseller. Our online learning content is available to students anywhere anytime, which supports our mission to ignite the greatness in others.
We are a quickly growing VC-funded startup based in San Francisco, with additional offices in Waterloo, Canada & Los Angeles, CA. We have created online classes taught by famous masters Gordon Ramsay, Serena Williams, Neil deGrasse Tyson, Sara Blakely, David Sedaris, Bobbi Brown, Timbaland, Anna Wintour & many more to come.
Since launching in 2015, we have been growing our team. Apply now to find out more about what we are doing behind the scenes.
What we are looking for:
- A product-minded engineer to drive our B2B product development from the ground up
- Scrappy, entrepreneurial spirit who can distill ambiguity into actionable plans
- Curious mind who has a passion for discovering our customer needs & creating value through product innovation
What you will do:
- Implement major new features, make performance & reliability improvements
- Work across our backend tech-stack & AWS infrastructure
- Partner with engineering leaders to establish the architecture roadmap for the B2B product
- Collaborate cross-functionally with product, analytics stakeholders.
- Mentor junior engineers
- 4+ years of relevant product development & software engineering experience
- Solid engineering fundamentals (CS degree is a plus)
- Fluency in programming languages like Ruby, Java, Go, or similar
- Experience with modern web technologies & frameworks similar to Rails, React, Postgres, Redis, & Kafka
- Understanding of highly-scalable systems, hosted in cloud platforms, such as AWS, GCP, Azure, or IBM Cloud
- Creative thinker who enjoys fast-paced environments & is able to work through ambiguity
At MasterClass, we believe we put our best work forward when our employees bring together ideas that are diverse in thought. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace & are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. In addition, MasterClass will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you have a disability or special need, we would like to know how we can better accommodate you.