Harrys started in 2013 with a specific goal: disrupt the shaving industry by creating an innovative, everyday product at a fair price. Since then, Harrys has expanded to Canada & Europe, developed relationships with retailers such as Target & Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, launched three new brands including Flamingo, Cat Person, & Headquarters, & made our first brand acquisition with Lum.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, & logistics specialists, the Harrys team is composed of some of the most brilliant, diverse, & humble people youll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion & innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, & backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 5 or 500, our core values & our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement & learning, teamwork & collaboration, creative problem solving, & open & direct dialogue & feedback.
Harrys is operating as a hybrid-first environment - for us, that means that we ask folks to come into our beautiful, 88,000 square foot SoHo office a minimum of 2 days per week, with flexibility to choose exactly which days work best for you. What will you get out of that? Bagels on Tuesdays, lunch on Wednesdays & Thursdays, & fully stocked kitchens with snacks, coffee, & drinks everyday. Cant forget the free products & the opportunity to have some meetings without Zoom (remember what 2019 was like?)
We are still requiring vaccinations for in-office employees. Reasonable accommodations due to a medical reason or sincerely held religious belief may be made.
About the teams
The Global Distribution & Logistics team at Harrys oversees the final stages of the supply chain to move products from our suppliers to our customers as efficiently & effectively as possible. Our customers span across the direct-to-consumer, retail, grocery, drug & club businesses. We manage a global network that aims to provide best-in-class service to all stakeholders.
About the Role
As an Inventory Controller, You will be responsible for overseeing & managing all transactions associated with our inventory process. You will work closely with accounting, sourcing, planning, distribution, & logistics to make sure we are accurately reflecting all transactions processed by our distribution centers. You will be responsible for managing two direct reports & reviewing their work.
What you will accomplish:
- Review/monitor Goods Receipts at all US/CA DCs. Ensuring all inbound supply chain processes are being adhered via EDI interfaces or manually when needed by your direct reports.
- Review/monitor Goods Issues from all US/CA DCs. Ensuring all outbound supply chain processes are being adhered as per customer requirements via EDI interfaces or manually when needed by your direct reports.
- Review/monitor adjustments at all US/CA DCs. Ensuring that they are being processed via EDI or manually when needed by your direct reports.
- Being responsible for the stocks at all US/CA DCs with proper reporting of the day-to-day stock analyses to the top management.
- Monitor EDI transactions ensuring that the IT is resolving them when needed.
- Manage new initiatives for new Products, PLM requirements & additional business processes to ensure seamless process alignment with Harrys supply chain
- Prepare standards procedures for Supply Chain Processes for current & future additions to the Harrys system
- Monitor owned shipments in-transit based on supplier information
- Maintain data integrity of inventory levels & high-level of accuracy of US 3PLs & suppliers as the business continues to scale
- Capture & analyze inventory variances, working with cross functional teams & external partners to resolve discrepancies on a timely manner facilitating a smooth monthly accounting close
- Work on bi-annual physical inventory counts, audits, & ad-hoc projects
- Find new ways to optimize our system to automate inventory transactions
- Develop best practices for all inventory transactions to be applied company wide.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Related experience of 3-6 years
- Bachelors degree
- CPG experience is a plus
- Start-up experience is a plus
- SAP ERP knowledge is a must for end-to-end Supply Chain Processes
- EDI knowledge is a must
- Interface knowledge with 3PL Partners with experience in resolving Middleware issues
- Ability to work in a demanding, fast-paced environment
- Strong organizational skills & able to prioritize workload to meet deadlines
- Comfortable working with cross-functional teams (Distribution & Logistics, Sourcing, S&OP, IT, etc.) & external partners (3PLs & suppliers) as needed
- Flexible & adaptable to rapidly changing business needs
Here's who you'll work with:
- Youll report to Director, North American Distribution
- Youll collaborate closely with Accounting, Planning, Sourcing, Distribution, Logistics, & IT teams
- Manage a team of Inventory Analysts
Benefits & perks
- Medical, dental, & vision coverage
- 401k match
- Equity in Harrys
- Unlimited PTO & flexible working hours
- Wellness & L&D stipends
- One month sabbatical after 5 years
- 16 weeks parental leave
- Fun IRL & virtual events including happy hours, team building events, & parties on our rooftop
- Free products from all of our brands
We have a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy.
Harrys is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds & perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, & do great work together.
Harrys is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment & advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire & promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth & related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture & protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state & local laws. Harrys commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline & access to benefits & training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC & are dedicated to going above & beyond in fostering diversity across our company.