We build tools for 100+ brands & retailers in the ecommerce space that help them offer free two-day shipping, same-day delivery, & product expansion into new marketplaces -- keeping them several steps ahead of the curve in a rapidly changing industry.
We are a purpose & culture driven organization that prides ourselves on connectivity, equality, diversity & inclusion. We are committed to our people as a service-oriented company as our people are at the heart of everything we do.
We are Headquartered in Chicago, with offices in New York, Conshohocken, PA (Philly area), & Krakow, Poland & we operate as a subsidiary of FedEx Services.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
The VP, Business Development will be responsible for building our retail partner network by generating, identifying, developing, defining, negotiating, & closing deals with prospective partners. This individual will position ShopRunner to attract new retailers into the network & extend relationships with brands affiliated with current partners.
ABOUT WHAT YOULL DO:
- Identify significant new business opportunities with potential clients from the Internet Retailer 500 & manage the pursuit process through opportunity qualification, facilitation of client meetings, & follow-up/assistance through sales closing
- Analyze customer needs in terms of current business obstacles, identifying projects & scoping potential solution sales
- Build a robust sales pipeline by prospecting for, identifying, qualifying & cultivating opportunities closing outside the calendar year
- Target, develop & manage long-term client relationships/partnerships with the executive C level decision makers from the Internet Retailer 500
- Tactically identify & utilize appropriate entry point into retail/brand organizations
- Develop & implement strategies to maximize revenue quality & partnership duration
- Collaborate with the broader DataWorks & FedEx e-commerce sales organization to develop opportunities & close deals
ABOUT WHAT WERE LOOKING FOR:
- A minimum of 8-10 years of experience in selling in a consultative sales process & a matrixed selling environment
- Four year degree from an accredited college institution
- Direct experience nurturing meaningful relationships with heads of e-commerce, marketing, & digital at the VP- & C-level
- Deep understanding of eCommerce & selling a suite of products to the retail industry
- Proven negotiation & closing skills
- Excellent listening skills with an ability to provide solutions to based on client concerns
- An entrepreneurial attitude & the proven ability to take ownership for prospecting & developing a pipeline
- Superior presentation & communication skills
- Strategic thinking capabilities & the ability to accomplish goals in a timely, productive & fiscally responsible manner
- Consulting experience and/or MBA a plus
- Knowledge of e-commerce platforms, order management, and/or digital marketing a plus
OTHER THINGS WED LIKE YOU TO KNOW:
The successful candidate will first & foremost be a savvy, strategic & analytical business leader with a passion for new challenges. This individual will be a seasoned, client-focused executive who has an understanding of e-commerce, digital sales, & partnering with cross-functional teams. This individual will bring strong strategic sales, negotiation, & revenue generating skills. S/he will have the ability & vision to identify & execute new business opportunities, & thrive in a complex & evolving internal & external environment.
We want you to bring your whole human self to work every single day. We accept you for who you are & consider everyone on an equal opportunity basis without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.