Clover is reinventing health insurance by working to keep people healthier.
Our Complex Care Team is a group of caring & passionate professionals dedicated to improving the lives of our most vulnerable members. Our team includes physicians, nurses, social workers, medical assistants, behavioral health specialists & others who provide in-home primary care & transitional care services. A goal for this program is to improve our offering of palliative & supportive care services for members with advanced illness.
The Supportive Care Coordinator is expected to provide (1) advanced care planning guidance, & (2) supportive/palliative care services, & (3) specialized nursing care to appropriate patients consistent with licensure, privileges, & scope of practice regulations.
The Supportive Care Coordinator is responsible for the following:
- Advanced care planning guidance including:
- Education to members about health care proxies/durable power of attorneys, living wills, & decisions around hospitalization (e.g. do not hospitalize, do not resuscitate, do not intubate).
- Facilitating completion of health care proxy/durable power of attorney, living will, & POLST forms
- Working with In-Home Care Team & external providers to facilitate translation of prognosis determinations into advanced care planning discussions
- Supportive/palliative care services including:
- Comprehensive evaluation of member physical health, mental health, spiritual health & emotional health needs
- Prognosis determinations
- Individual & family counseling
- Coordinating the management of symptoms common in advanced illness including pain, shortness of breath, & nausea/vomiting, including with medications
- Coordination of care with In-Home Care Team & external providers including oncologists & other medical specialists
- Supporting transitions to hospice
- Coordination of grief & bereavement counseling
- Supporting the development of Clover's supportive care/palliative care programs, in tandem with the Medical Director of Complex Care, Supportive Care Services Lead & external consultants, as appropriate.
- Health coaching to improve disease self-management of chronic health conditions, such as heart failure, COPD, diabetes, & hypertension.
- Comprehensively evaluating members for specialized home health needs, including wound care services, physical therapy, & occupational therapy, including following hospitalization
- BSN from accredited program, required
- For RN, additional MSN from accredited program preferred
- For NP, Master's degree in advanced clinical practice nursing or graduate of post Masters certificate program for Nurse Practitioner, required
- Valid New Jersey nursing license, required
- BLS & ACLS at or within 30 days of hire, required
- 2-3 years related work experience in the home, required. 3-5 years related work experience, preferred.
- Certification in palliative care, preferred
- Valid New Jersey driver's license, required
- Your own reliable transportation to & from member homes, required
- 1-2 years experience in palliative care & hospice practice, required; 3-5 years preferred
- For NP, Geriatrics certification, preferred
- Ability to communicate in English & Spanish, both orally & in writing, required
- Excellent interpersonal skills & an ability to communicate effectively with patients & colleagues alike
- Basic proficiency in computer use, required; EMR experience, eClinicalWorks preferred
- You are comfortable walking up at least 3 flights of stairs & carrying up to 40 lbs of equipment, as some residences may not have elevators.
- You are comfortable working with patients of diverse social, ethnic, & cultural backgrounds
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest & conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.
About Clover: We are reinventing health insurance by combining the power of data with human empathy to keep our members healthier. We believe the healthcare system is broken, so we've created custom software & analytics to empower our clinical staff to intervene & provide personalized care to the people who need it most.
We always put our members first, & our success as a team is measured by the quality of life of the people we serve. Those who work at Clover are passionate & mission-driven individuals with diverse areas of expertise, working together to solve the most complicated problem in the world: healthcare.
From Clovers inception, Diversity & Inclusion have always been key to our success. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer & our employees are people with different strengths, experiences & backgrounds, who share a passion for improving people's lives. Diversity not only includes race & gender identity, but also age, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, religion & many other parts of ones identity. All of our employees points of view are key to our success, & inclusion is everyone's responsibility.
Clover Health welcomes qualified candidates with disabilities & will provide accommodations during the interview process as needed. If you require accommodations, please email email@example.com with the details of your requested accommodation. Requests are reviewed by a member of the recruiting team. Requests will have no bearing on the candidate evaluation process or hiring decisions.