Weather continues to have a major impact on business globally creating safety risks, increased liability, disruptions to supply chains, interfering with customer experience & greatly altering consumer demand for many products! In fact, the World Economic Forum recently highlighted extreme weather & natural disasters as the top risks to business globally for the third year in a row! With its unique solutions to mitigate these issues, AccuWeathers Business Services division is growing substantially - helping other companies save lives, protect property, reduce risk & enhance profitability. We are the world-class source of customized, pinpointed, site-specific weather warnings, forecasts, analytics, insights & consulting services specific to business needs. AccuWeathers Business Services group works for over half of the Fortune 500 firms & thousands of other companies globally.
Who You Are
Working in conjunction with the Vice President of Business Services, the Senior Director, Enterprise Solutions Strategy (AES) will help accelerate growth & strategically develop new markets as well as play an important leadership role in driving the profitability & operations of the AccuWeathers Business Services group. This position is on the cutting edge of technology innovation, strategic business development & business leadership.
What You Will Be Doing
- Working in conjunction with the VP of Business Services & the AES leadership team, plan for strategic growth for the AES business unit
- In absence of the VP of Business Services, the Senior Director, Enterprise Solutions Strategy provides leadership to the AES Business Unit
- Continually survey marketplace to identify new markets & the best opportunities for new products & services, especially related to innovative technology
- Prioritize & working with a team, implement plans to build new markets & expand existing ones
- Work directly with AES Product team & business development team to assist in the prioritization of the AES Product Roadmap to support Line of Business (LOB) objectives
- Responsible for the implementation of strategic plans across the AES organization
- Assist in the development of a robust global growth strategy
- Support the development & expansion of new sales channels including channel partners
- Continuously monitor the business plan for AES & drive strategies for success including short-term & long-term planning for established services & new market solutions
- Provide regular feedback to the executive team regarding AES initiatives
- Actively participate & occasionally lead M&A activities & strategic partnership discussions
- Assist in budgeting process & monitoring of progress versus plan
- Routinely support AES sales team in customer meetings & interactions enhancing partnership with customers
- Regularly partner with the AES marketing team to build the most effective messages & materials to support business development
- Assist VP Business Services in providing leadership & strategic support to Sales, Marketing, Product, Customer Service, Information Technology & Operations as it relates to AES initiatives
- Provide staff leadership, mentoring & personnel oversight as needed
- Other duties as assigned
Experience We Are Looking For
- Bachelors degree in business or similar discipline or equivalent combination of education & experience, MBA preferred
- Proven experience of successful P&L experience running a business with significant scale for at least 5 years, experience running a global business is preferred
- Strategic thinking & leadership with demonstrated record of success in continuously driving profitability through innovation
- Significant experience with innovative technology solutions including Software as a Service (SaaS) solutions
- Proven success with at least 5 years of experience in developing solutions for new markets especially related to translating data & insights into improved decision tools
- Previous experience with weather related insights is desirable, but not necessary.
- An effective communicator with demonstrated public speaking skills who will work seamlessly with other departments
- A well-organized leader with proven ability to generate fresh ideas & creative solutions
- Ability to create & deliver clear & compelling presentations to top-level management inside & outside of the company
- Must possess an entrepreneurial mind-set & the ability to solve complex problems
- Travel at least 30% of the time to interact with key customers & partners, supporting Sales team to expand customer & partner relationships
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk & reach with hands & arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Must be able to work at heights using step ladders or lifts. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close & distant vision, color vision, depth perception, & ability to determine visual focus. The employee will need to hear audio clearly & be able to differentiate differences in audio levels. The employee is required to speak or communicate with co-workers.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.The noise level in the work environment can vary from noisy to quiet, depending on the task. The pace of work can be extremely fast, depending on the task requirements.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, genetic information, gender, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, veteran orientation, or veteran status, pregnancy, disability, marital status or any other legally protected categories under local, state of federal laws. We believe a culture of diversity & inclusion provides unique perspectives that help make the workplace more innovative, engaging & profitable.