We are looking for a Senior Full Stack Software Engineer who is eager to demonstrate leadership & technical acumen, who writes quality code & enjoys offering guidance, mentorship & direction to their teams.
We are a global technology company that connects the largest publishers & marketers across the globe through programmatic advertising. We help publishers secure their bottom line so they can provide content to consumers & bring news & information to society at large. Our mission is to democratize digital advertising, all while helping marketers reach the audiences that matter most to them across digital channels. For over 20 years, IX has been known as the change agents of digital advertising innovators who help shape how our industry reacts to new challenges & shifts in the market. As a result, weve been able to partner with some of the most prominent players in the media industry including Hearst, Disney, & Meredith Corporation among many others.
Heres What We Want
- Leaders: You know how to work with a team of engineers, mentoring & guiding junior members of the team, as well as leveraging your own knowledge & experience to make sound decisions.
- Problem Solvers: You are tenacious at finding solutions & creative ways to solve problems while working with others amicably & presenting your viewpoints.
- High Standards: You enjoy designing, writing, & testing high quality scalable code, within a robust CI & CD DevOps tooling culture.
- Knowledge Hungry: Learning new frameworks & languages is exciting to you youre not satisfied with the status quo. We use a variety of languages & tools to solve problems & we are interested in what you are looking to learn. We are always open to new ideas thats how we got where we are today, & we need more!
Heres What Youll be Doing
- Working on cutting edge programmatic ad tech that touches millions of users every single day
- Designing, writing, & testing robust & reliable code
- You will be able to see your code in action every day & you definitely wont be bored in this role
- Working with users of the software to deeply understand the domain & identify opportunities for improvements
- Finding practical technological solutions to problems
- Analyzing & estimating work in an agile environment
Heres What You Have
- 5+ years of experience as a Full Stack Software Engineer with a strong preference on backend platform related work & some API development
- You are a talented, fast learner who embraces change
- A desire to work with & learn from the people around you we greatly value people & interactions
- Excellent problem-solving skills, the ability to think differently, & an understanding that compromise, negotiation & practicality are important qualities
- An understanding of platform-related tooling (logging, monitoring, alerting)
- Experience working with Linux environments, resilient & scalable platforms is an asset
- Knowledge in any of the following are assets:
- Golang, C++, Perl, Python & Scala
- Kubernetes, Kafka, Docker, Aerospike
We are looking for the right combination of personality & ingenuity to push our product to the max, inspire those around you & have fun doing it.
Heres Why Youll Love Working Here
- Our offices speak to who we are: wide-open spaces where we can freely collaborate
- The challenge of working on high performing software processing enormous transaction volumes
- Career mentoring & skills training
- We have flexible hours & no dress code
- We offer free snacks, drinks, & catered lunches on Fridays*
- Annual celebrations (Holiday Party, All Hands, Hack Days) & milestone outings*
- Paid vacation, 12 incidental sick days per year, & 5% RRSP matching
- 100% company paid comprehensive medical, dental & paramedical plan
- Flexible health spending account
- Generous & flexible annual wellness subsidy for gym memberships & classes
Each member of the IX team is expected to take ownership & contribute from day one, as our business & industry is moving too quickly for red tape or bureaucracy. We take great pride in welcoming, respecting & developing every employee. We arent perfect at everything, but we work hard to constantly learn & improve. We promote a work environment in which we can collaborate & learn from one another.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY Index Exchange is an equal opportunity employer who recognizes the value of every person in creating success for our customers, business partners, shareholders, employees & communities. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, developing & promoting employees without discrimination. Index Exchange believes equal opportunity & inclusion are essential to motivate, empower & recognize the best in everyone.
Index Exchange is committed to working with & providing access & reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. Please let us know if youd like to request a reasonable accommodation.
ACCESSIBILITY FOR APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES Index Exchange is committed to working with & providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 & the Ontario Human Rights Code, Index Exchange* will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment & selection process to applicants with disabilities. If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 416.785.5908 ensure to provide your name, the best way to contact you, a detailed description of the nature of any accommodation that you may require (including any materials or processes that can be used to ensure your equal participation).
*Due to COVID-19, until further notice, everyone is required to Work from Home. When offices re-open, you will be required to follow the mandate of your local office.