Hi, were Oscar.
We are changing how health insurance works. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent & human. We need your help to do so. We brought together leaders from top technology, service & healthcare companies to work side by side to disrupt health insurance. The result? Better people, better ideas, & better healthcare.
About the Role:
The People team is the linchpin of Oscars values & culture--we bring, we build, we maintain, we strengthen. We are hiring a Head of Compensation to strengthen & lead our compensation & equity programs. This person will be responsible for maintaining internal consistency & external competitiveness through the design, development, & implementation of a strategic compensation philosophy & plan. The Head of Compensation will work with leaders across the organization to ensure alignment with Oscars goals & business objectives.
Here at Oscar we move quickly, are continuously iterating on our processes, & driving change through innovation. Were looking for an analytical thinker who can not only develop a strategic vision for our compensation program, but effectively operationalize & drive engagement along the way.
During your first six weeks, you should have:
- Developed an in-depth understanding of our People team workflows & processes.
- Developed an in-deep understanding of our current compensation philosophy & practices.
- Built effective working relationships with key stakeholders, both internal & external .
- Become familiar with Workday compensation modules.
- Become familiar with Shareworks, our equity management system.
Afterwards & on an ongoing basis, you will:
- Manage the administration of direct compensation (executive, exempt & non exempt & cash compensation programs-- both merit & incentive-based).
- Manage the merit & bonus/incentive processes & make program design recommendations based on relevant market data as defined by company compensation philosophy.
- Ensure internal equity through the analysis of existing compensation policies, guidelines & procedures.
- Manage equity planning, administration, monitoring & reporting in partnership with Legal & Finance.
- Participate in market-relevant surveys & frequently benchmark best practices in order to maintain competitive positioning & recommend new plans & revisions that are cost effective & consistent with compensation trends & corporate objectives.
- Guide People Team Leadership through pay decisions, policy & guideline interpretation, job evaluation, & pay equity; including the development of creative, compensation-related programs.
- Partner with People Team Leadership & Finance Leadership on headcount planning & budget forecasting.
- Recommend & implement enhancements to Compensation modules in Workday & integration with Shareworks, while maintaining data integrity across all compensation-related platforms.
- Partner with our internal communications team to drive employee engagement & understanding regarding employee performance, incentives & compensation
- Ensure that all aspects of plan design & administration remain in compliance with applicable laws.
Winning factors: What leads to success
- Bachelors Degree
- 7+ years of relevant experience in compensation analysis & equity administration
- 5+ years of management experience
- Expertise in policy design & understanding of relevant regulations
- Deep expertise in equity administration, including accounting, tax & legal implications
- Strong business acumen with the ability to learn & understand financials, & relay learnings to the business
- Familiarity with Workday & Shareworks, preferred
- Exceptional analytical, prioritization, & problem-solving skills
- Ability to thrive in an ambiguous, fast-paced environment
- Ability to work autonomously, but take direction as needed
- Strong project management skills: good follow-through on cross-functional plans, projects & goals
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills & presentation skills; with the ability to tailor communication to a variety of stakeholders
- Results- oriented & able to balance multiple priorities, working quickly & nimbly
- Strong collaborator & influencer; able to build strong partnerships with internal & external partners
- You are a self-starter who loves taking initiative & proactively provide suggestions to streamline & improve processes
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we work to cultivate an environment where exceptional people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change healthcare -- an experience made whole by your unique background & perspectives.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy: Oscar's Pay Transparency Policy ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.