Sr Product Designer - Terraform
Location: US or Canada (Remote)
HashiCorp is at the epicenter of the cloud adoption wave, helping shape how the worlds largest enterprises are running their IT infrastructure. We provide many of the most innovative companies with the infrastructure automation tools. All our foundational technologies are open source & developed openly. We take care to balance & be responsive to the needs of our open source community as well as our enterprise level customers.
As a Senior Product Designer working on Terraform, youll collaborate deeply with product management, engineering, as well as your fellow designers. You'll combine research & ideation to provide our users with effective solutions to complex challenges. You should be a self-starter who thinks clearly, articulates design decisions effectively, & values execution.
HashiCorp Design, as well as the other cross-functional teams you'll work with, is largely a remote team. While prior experience working remotely isn't required, we are looking for team members who perform well given a high level of independence & autonomy.
- Collaborate early & often with engineers & product managers
- Lead design projects & present your work to stakeholders & customers
- Deliver user-centered design (including user flows, wireframes, & prototypes) informed by user & market research
- Distill complicated problems & complex data models into highly usable & efficient UI experiences
- Collaborate with other designers to build & maintain a shared design language
You may be a good fit for our team if you:
- Have a minimum 5 years of relevant experience in enterprise software
- Have experience designing tools & products for technical audiences across multiple interfaces (ideally including UIs & CLIs)
- Employ a process & have a portfolio that demonstrates this fact in both design & writing
- Clearly articulate design decisions & rationale through excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Work iteratively driven by feedback loops & critique
- Think in systems & patterns
- Thrive in a highly technical space
- Have a positive attitude, an open mind, & a desire to collaborate & learn
As a bonus, you may additionally:
- Be familiar with infrastructure management concepts
- Understand, & have even implemented, designs in code
- Use the latest prototyping tools to make your work come to life
- Have experience with data visualization
Attributes we look for:
- Empathy for end users & customers
- Responsible & takes ownership over work
- Listening to understand
- Explaining complex ideas simply
- Excellent written, verbal, & visual communication skills
- Humility, reflectiveness, & a growth mindset
HashiCorp embraces diversity & equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, & skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be.