The Associate Beauty Editor will pitch, write, & edit content for TBA cosmetics companys content hub. They will produce content daily & bring products to life through editorial content. They will work with the brand to understand priorities & collaborate with the creative team to ensure all stories have beautiful visuals. This person will also perform cross-functional duties as needed, supporting social media & other editorial projects.
Core duties & responsibilities
Site content creation & production
- Pitches at least 30 story ideas each month with a focus on trends, brand priorities, & SEO
- Produces at least eight pieces of standout original content each week that require little line editing
- Can prioritize workload & works with senior team to prioritize when help is needed
- Is able to rework seasonal, timely, & evergreen articles with a focus on SEO
- Develops & maintains relationships with makeup artists & other content sources
- Conducts interviews & secures original content for the brand
- Measures content performance, reports on performance, & makes adjustments as needed
- Represents the brand on camera or in creative as needed
- Joins Group Nine, Brandshop, or POPSUGAR editorial task forces as needed, contributing ideas & feedback for new initiatives & tools
- 3+ years of experience in writing/editing/blogging or related field
- Strong writing, editing, & communication skills
- Strong SEO skills
- Ability to turn around clean, witty, accurate copy on tight deadlines
- Familiarity with social media
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative team environment
- Ability to stay ahead of trends & adapt to a constantly changing digital landscape
- Is proficient with HTML, Photoshop, CMS, tagging guide, & style guide
- Has experience with Content Management Systems
- Has experience with GA or other data platforms
Why Work at Group Nine
We are committed to diversity, equity & inclusion. As part of our larger DE&I strategy, every employee goes through a series of DE&I training. We have incredible Employee Resource Groups (ERGs), with the support of our Head of DE&I & executive sponsors, that host everything from weekly safe space chats to community events.
We have amazing people. We can promise youll work alongside some of the smartest & most interesting people in the industry. Our people work hard but we always have fun doing it. Bottom line: we care about each other & we take our values seriously.
We care about you. We offer company-paid parental leave for everyone #inclusion. We also offer health, dental & vision insurance, along with a selection of voluntary benefits. Weve partnered with best-in-class virtual care providers to bring health care, mental health support & meditation to all employees. Additionally, knowing that time away from work is integral to employee well-being, our time off allowances (consisting of vacation, sick, company holidays, volunteer & religious observances), ensure you have time to take care of yourself.
We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation & a matching 401(k) plan. Depending on the role, options may also be granted.
We value development. We are a high-performance organization that challenges itself to continuously grow. We invest in employee development. Youll need to be great to get hired here & we promise youll get even better once youre here.
About Group Nine:
Group Nine has the most optimistic, fast moving, deeply connected brands in the categories that matter NOW. As the #1 video publisher on mobile in the U.S. [Nielsen DCR, June 2020], Group Nines brands are built for the platforms where young people spend the majority of their time. We reach over 80% of Americans in their 20s every month [Nielsen DCR, June 2020]. Audiences spend over 90 million hours a month engaging with our category-defining brands [platform analytics, August 2020] - NowThis, the no. 1 most-watched news & politics brand globally on social [Tubular Labs, May 2020]; The Dodo, the #1 media brand for reach on mobile in the U.S. [Nielsen DCR, November 2019]; POPSUGAR, the #1 most engaged-with Womens Lifestyle site in the U.S. [Comscore, February 2020]; Thrillist, the most-trusted digital brand in food, drink, travel & entertainment; & Seeker, the no. 1 science brand on mobile in the U.S. [Nielsen DCR, April 2020]. Group Nine has been recognized with hundreds of prestigious awards including Edward R. Murrow, James Beard, Cannes Lions, Critics Choice, among others.