Roivants mission is to systematically reduce the time, cost, & risk of delivering new medicines to market by accelerating the development of promising drug candidates to improve the lives of patients & their families. The company is privately held, has in-licensed 25+ assets, & is very well-capitalized. The Corporate Development team is responsible for generating, pursuing, & leading all strategic mergers, acquisitions, & collaborations on behalf of the Vant family of portfolio companies.
Since its inception in 2014, Roivant Sciences has sought to improve health by rapidly delivering innovative medicines & technologies to patients. Weve employed a unique, decentralized model of nimble, focused companies (Vants) focused on various therapeutic areas & built around the pursuit of innovation in drug development. Roivants model has established a proven record of efficient drug development & company creation, with results including: >45 drugs in development, 5 successful IPOs, 4 successful Phase 3 readouts in 2019 & 3 marketed healthcare technology software products. In late 2019, Roivant concluded a major transaction with Japans Sumitomo Dainippon Pharma (DSP), in which DSP paid $3bn to acquire Roivants interest in 5 of the Vants it had previously built, as well as taking an 11% equity stake in Roivant itself & gaining access to select proprietary Roivant technology & other IP. This transaction was led by the Corporate Development team, where the role outlined in this job description sits. The sale of these Vants & technology assets represented over a 5x return on Roivants investment.
Leveraging this proven model, we are evolving our mission & expanding capabilities to become a leader in novel modalities of drug development, & further establishing our position as the leading technology-enabled pharma company. We will redouble focus on acquiring potentially transformative assets in high value areas, while simultaneously augmenting the conventional in-licensing model with capabilities in computational methods of drug discovery & tech-enabled development.
Today the Roivant family of companies spans therapeutics-focused Vants across a range of disease areas with robust pipelines, as well as data- & computational-focused capabilities in asset identification through drug development & commercialization: VantAI: applying AI to in silico drug discovery; DrugOme: enabling data-driven drug evaluation & trial design; Lokavant: real-time data to optimize trial operations; Datavant: de-identified patient level health data.
Roivant is privately held & very well capitalized.
Position Title: Corporate Development Associate
Position Location: New York, NY
Reports To: Head of Corporate Development (Office of the CFO)
Position Summary: The individual in this position will collaborate with Corporate Development colleagues to source, evaluate, analyze, & pitch multiple transaction theses. This includes working on meaningful deal workstreams, including due diligence, financial modeling, & communications. This role will have meaningful exposure to leadership at Roivant & across the Vant family of companies & provides opportunities for capable individuals to quickly take on broader responsibility within the Corporate Development function.
Ideal candidates are likely to have completed an investment banking analyst program with significant transaction experience in Healthcare (ideally therapeutics) prior to taking their MBA.
- Evaluate industry landscape to generate leads for potential M&A opportunities across the Vant family of companies
- Conduct in-depth scientific, clinical & market research & financial modeling to support recommendations
- Construct persuasive transaction theses using Excel models & PowerPoint
- Pitch transaction theses directly to senior management
- Partner cross-functionally to assist with all elements of transactions on new investments through closing, including due diligence, valuation, deal structuring, & negotiations
Skills, Qualifications, & Requirements:
- 1-3 years experience in an investment banking analyst role or a comparable position combining analytical, operational, & strategic skill sets
- Strong financial modeling capabilities, including typical valuation methods & understanding of financial fundamentals required
- Knowledge of M&A transaction processes & experience supporting such processes
- Strategic understanding of pharmaceutical & biotechnology industries
- Excellent written & verbal communication skill
- Ability to work independently & collaboratively in a fast-paced, matrixed team environment consisting of internal & external team member
- Ability to generate action through influence & engagement
- Analytical thinker with excellent problem-solving skills & the ability to adapt to changing priorities & deadlines
- Excellent planning, organization & time management skills including the ability to support & prioritize multiple project
- Bachelors degree required