Andela is a network of technology leaders dedicated to advancing human potential. We help companies build high-performing distributed engineering teams by investing in Africas most talented software developers. Based in NYC, SF, Cairo, Lagos, Nairobi, Kigali & Kampala, Andela is catalyzing the growth of tech ecosystems across the African continent while solving the global technical talent shortage.
About the Team
The Internal Communications team at Andela is small but mighty! The teams objective is to create alignment across Andela starting with our mission & values & then our changing strategic priorities & goals as Andela evolves & scales. The Internal Communications team will effectively disseminate key information creating organisational alignment through various channels effectively reaching our distributed network of Andelans globally.
As well as driving the overall Internal Communications strategy & execution, the team partners with leadership to help them deliver impactful communications aligned to our core messaging & will support key company wide campaigns & change management.
How youll make an impact:
- Lead a global team of two & growing
- Evaluate existing communications framework, content & channels, & build an effective communications strategy to be rolled-out across internal stakeholders
- Build & execute a thoughtful internal communications program that evolves alongside our fast-growing company including driving the strategy & cadence for employee all-hands, staff meetings, executive meetings & other internal events
- Advise, edit & write internal communications on behalf of leadership that are clear & consistent
- Create & lead campaigns to build employee pride & engagement
- Develop & execute change communications for company transformation programs
- Develop & execute a content strategy for the intranet, newsletters, office digital programming & more
- Partner with IT & HR to drive employee adoption of communication & collaboration tools
- Measure the impact & effectiveness of internal communications campaigns to improve short-term & long-term strategies
What youll bring to our team:
- Meaningful experience developing successful internal communications programs in a dynamic global organization
- Strong leadership & team management skills
- Exceptional stakeholder management & project management capability
- Stellar written & verbal communications skills
- Ability to build consensus at all levels
- Expertise in how thoughtful & creative communications strategies can impact employee behavior & the nuances of effective internal communications
- Flexibility to travel as needed (20%)
If the above sounds like an exciting role to you, please tell us why you believe youre a good fit & well be in touch.
Benefits & Compensation
- Full-time compensation
- Full medical coverage
- Breakfast, lunch & snacks provided daily
- Beautiful working environment
- Opportunity to work with the brightest minds on the planet
- Oh, & a chance to change the world!
We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.