PDT runs on enterprise technologythat is managed by a small group of talented engineers. Were looking to add an extraordinary Enterprise Engineer to our team. Our dream candidate has several years of experience in an enterprise environment, exhibits strong troubleshooting skills, has excellent judgment & is passionate about technology.
Enterprise Engineering team has a very broad set of responsibilities.As a member of our team, youll work on a variety of tasks: designing & implementing solutions & automation, troubleshooting challenging issues that span multiple technologies. While we have a Systems Admin team to handle most front-line support requests, we think its important for Engineers at PDT to own the entire lifecycle of their products; were small & nimble enough that you can get your hands dirty while still being transformative.
Why join us? PDT Partners has a stellar twenty-five-year track-record & a reputation for excellence. Our goal is to be the best quantitative investment manager in the worldmeasured by the quality of our products, not their size. PDTs very high employee-retention rate speaks for itself. Our people are intellectually extraordinary, & our community is close-knit, down-to-earth, & diverse.
- Design & build systems, applications, & infrastructure.
- Improve & optimize our environment, propose & implement new tools & methods, & build automation between systems.
- Identify problems before they happen & develop systems that prevent them.
- Advise & mentor junior administrators on how to build excellent solutions & strong operational procedures.
- Create & update documentation for new & existing solutions for use by other engineers, administrators & end-users.
- Broad experience with enterprise platforms & applications: Microsoft Windows Server & Desktop, AD, SQL, Exchange, SharePoint, O365, Azure, AWS, VMware vSphere, Apple MacOS.
- A passion for technology paired with initiative, optimism, & a strong sense of ownership
- Excellent troubleshooting skills, desire & ability to get to the root cause of issues.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills, ability to explain complex technical concepts to a wide & diverse audience.
- Strong knowledge of Windows PowerShell, & preferably at least one other scripting or programming language.
- 3+ years of relevant experience in a medium-to-large organization.
- Bachelors degree in computer science or a related technical field.