Vimeo empowers video creators to tell exceptional stories & connect with their audiences & communities. Home to more than 60 million members in over 150 countries, Vimeo is the worlds largest ad-free open video platform & provides powerful tools to host, edit & share videos in the highest quality possible.
The Machine Learning Research team at Vimeo is focused on researching & deploying the latest machine learning technology to enhance all stacks of Vimeos products. With the massive amounts of data at Vimeo, our projects range from user insights, networking, to video understanding, & involve a wide variety of artificial intelligence (AI) techniques, such as natural language processing (NLP), image & video understanding, deep learning, & reinforcement learning.
During your internship, you will work with us to define & work on a project thats best suited for your interest, experience & desired area of growth, as well as Vimeos mission. The project might vary depending on what data is available & whats accomplishable during the length of the internship. This internship will help you adapt to real-world machine learning problems, understand the opportunities & challenges in the industry, & acquire skills & insights to conduct large-scale machine learning research projects.
What youll do:
- Perform machine learning research utilizing datasets available on Vimeo's platform.
- Conduct a full cycle of research from problem definition, to data preprocessing, investigating & optimizing potential solutions, in order to deliver models aimed at deployment.
Skills & knowledge you should possess:
- Student pursuing a M.S./Ph.D with a focus on machine learning, computer science, statistics or related quantitative areas, with an expected graduation date in 2021 or 2022.
- Strong analytical & quantitative skills, with strong programming skills & experience in Python, R or Matlab. Experience with deep learning frameworks such as TensorFlow, Pytorch.
- Knowledge of deep learning with at least one of the following areas: Natural Language Processing, Computer Vision, Recommendation Systems, Search, Personalization, Reinforcement Learning.
- Strong sense of ownership for ones project, & ability to independently perform research as well as collaborate with researchers & engineers with supplemental expertise.
- Prior experience in publishing in top machine learning/data science conferences & journals.
This is a paid internship.
While we offer competitive compensation, we don't provide accommodation. Please ensure you are interested in an internship in New York City under these circumstances before applying.
Creativity & diversity are at the center of the Vimeo universe. To make sure our culture & products reflect those values, were committed to building an actively inclusive environment for human beings of every age, race, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, mental & physical ability, veteran status, national origin, & ancestry. At Vimeo, diverse backgrounds, refreshing perspectives, & open hearts are all welcome. If you like the sound of that, come work with us.
Vimeo is the worlds leading professional video platform & community. We empower over 200 million users from creatives to entrepreneurs to the worlds largest brands to grow their business with video. Our products make it easy to create high-quality, impactful videos & to reach teams, audiences & customers anywhere.
Vimeo is powered by a growing team of over 650 passionate, dedicated humans. Were headquartered in New York City with offices around the world. We believe our impact is greatest when our workforce represents the diverse & global community that we serve, & were proud to be an equal opportunity employer where diversity, equity & inclusion is prioritized in how we build our products, leaders & culture. Learn more at www.vimeo.com/jobs.