Our ambitious goal of helping innovators build a better world with data started in 2009. Today, we are one of the fastest growing enterprise companies in history, surpassing $1B in revenue at the end of 2017.
The world is experiencing a technological revolution driven by AI, machine learning, virtual reality, quantum computing & self-driving cars -- all of which require large amounts of data & put Pures technology literally in the drivers seat. Our solutions deliver real-time, secure data to power mission-critical production, DevOps, & modern analytics in multi-cloud environments. With a Satmetrix NPS score in the top 1% of B2B companies worldwide, our customer-first culture & commitment to innovation create a thriving company that employees, customers, partners, & investors love. For more information on our business, check out the corporate fact sheet here.
Puritans come from various backgrounds & we thrive off challenging the norm. This cross pollination of backgrounds led to numerous ground-breaking ideas & has helped us build one of the most reliable & easy to use storage systems in the industry. We strive to hire the best & brightest people, who excel in a cutting edge, fast paced, collaborative & transparent environment. We are seeking enthusiastic individuals to solve real world problems while having fun along the way.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Deploying Pure Storage industry leading FlashArray, FlashBlade & FlashStack technologies for new & existing customers.
- Training on all Pure Storage Flash platforms to keep up with technology changes as the platform grows over time.
- Performing new installations, non-disruptive upgrades to existing environments, online capacity expansions and/or consolidations.
- Striving to become the Subject Matter Expert on Pures Professional Implementation services, including installation, upgrades, capacity expansions, & the various aspects of our replication & snapshot technologies that enable data migrations.
- Providing guidance to customers, partners & fellow employees around Best Practices for setup & configuration of the Pure architecture.
- Become ambassadors of our technology allowing you to transfer your knowledge & passion to customers working with Pure platforms.
- Leading the creation of new service offerings, while refining existing deployment processes.
- Taking ownership of technical responsibilities within customer accounts while onsite.
- Working hand-in-hand with the Pure Storage Support center to solve customer challenges in a timely manner.
- Demonstrating technical leadership & subject matter expertise on storage products, distributed storage architectures, file systems, backup solutions & competitive storage offerings in the DAS, NAS & SAN product spaces.
- Working closely with customers & partners onsite in computer rooms or remote data centers.
- Working closely with Pure Storage Engineering & Product Management teams helping to define product requirements for usability.
- Contributing significant portions and/or lead development of existing & new service offerings.
- Traveling up to 80-90% of the time is required.
What You Bring To The Team:
- A great Can-Do attitude & willingness to travel.
- Attention to details is a MUST in this job.
- 3-5 years minimum experience supporting computer related technologies including, but not limited to, enterprise storage, networking or systems solutions.
- Superior knowledge of current & emerging storage architectures (FC, iSCSI, NAS, OSD, SAN).
- Knowledge of Virtualization Hypervisors & how they integrate with hardware & network systems (VMWare, Hyper-V, Ethernet, TCP/IP & general networking.
- Strong background in UNIX OS, NFS file systems & UNIX distributed network environment.
- Understanding of storage architectures, designs & implementations of multi-tiered client/server & web-based computing solutions.
- Preparation & delivery of technical product & process literature.
- Familiarity with modern web architecture a plus (Converged & Hyper-Converged Infrastructures, scale-out vs scale-up architectures, NoSQL alternatives, etc..).
- Installation/configuration of distributed computing, multiprocessing, virtual memory subsystem, storage subsystems architecture, shared memory architectures, cache architectures, etc..
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills are required to be able to walk the customer through procedures to be performed on their equipment as well as answer questions they may have before, during & after an engagement.
- BS in CS, EE or other technical degree and/or equivalent experience.
Pure creates opportunities for individual development & career growth.
We offer a six-month leadership development program for current employees looking to advance within the company, as well as sales & technical training programs for interns & recent graduates. We also host monthly workshops & panels that focus on a variety of topics ranging from honing the skills needed for career advancement to learning how to choose a mentor.
Pure offers an unlimited vacation policy, free lunches, meditation rooms, free yoga classes & employee resource groups, such as Pure Equality & Pure Vets, to encourage all our employees to maintain mind & body wellness. We offer numerous volunteer opportunities for employees to give back not only to the Bay Area, but across the globe.