KATERRA is a technology company transforming property development, design, & constructionfrom start to finish. We are building an entirely new kind of company that brings together expertise in design, technology, material sourcing, manufacturing, & construction as a single integrated offering.
With this unique approach, we have the opportunity to design & build beyond compromise. Beautiful, efficient, sustainablewe can do it all. The era of design concessions is over.
At KATERRA, we lead from every seat. Our ideal team members are self-starters that embrace ambiguity, think big, & bring their own uncompromising standards of excellence.
One of KATERRA's cultural principles is Diversity.We believe different backgrounds, ideas, & skillsets result in better outcomes.KATERRA does not discriminate in employment based on race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age, sexual orientation, or gender identity. KATERRA encourages people of all backgrounds to apply, including people of color, immigrants, refugees, women, LGBTQIA, people with disabilities, veterans & those with diverse life experiences.
Senior Component Designer Cold Formed Steel
Transforms initial rough product designs using BIM (Revit), MWF StrucSoft into working documents by creating highly detailed models. Produce detailed permitting, construction, & shop plans for component (cold formed steel) aspects of residential multifamily structures. Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, materials, & procedures. Relies on experience & judgment to plan & accomplish goals. Performs a variety of complicated tasks. May direct & lead the work of others. Typically reports to a manager or head of a unit/department. A wide degree of creativity & latitude is expected. Frequent trips to sites & or factory will be required.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Produces designs for cold formed steel; provides layouts, performs engineering, & takeoff services using ability to understand blueprints & customer requirements for specific projects
- Coordinates with sales, estimating, production, engineering & the architects to achieve customer schedules & cost objectives
- Resolves architectural & structural design conflicts
- Ensures project files, engineering seals & records are properly maintained
- Understands loading conditions & utilizes design software packages
- Computes load & grade requirements & material stress factors to determine design specifications based on customer's structural design needs
- Ensures economical & proper use of materials per current inventory levels & material costs
- Demonstrates a strong working knowledge of the capabilities of the factory equipment & produces highly cost effective & production friendly component designs
- Performs job site inspections & resolves customer service issues associated with the job
- Produces materials list (BOM)
Required Skills & Experience
- Associate's degree in a technical program plus two 15+ years related experience or an equivalent combination of education & experience
- Experience in cold formed steel design
- 5+ Years of HSBCAD, MiTek, Alpine, MWF StrucSoft, AGA CAD, or Vision REZ design software
- 15 Years preparing shop, construction, & permitting documents in one of the above software platforms
- 15+ Years of industry experience
- Preferred experience with MWF StrucSoft
- Detail oriented
- Organized & excellent communication skills
- Hands on construction experience is a plus
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, learning & successfully working in multicultural environments
Preferred Skills & Experience
- Ability to read blueprints & visualize structural details in three dimensions
- Understands code requirements & loading conditions
- Understands field requirements & constructability of panelized components
- Strong command of mathematical concepts of plane & solid geometry & trigonometry
- Expertise in HSBCAD, MiTek, Alpine, MWF StrucSoft, AGA CAD, or Vision REZ design software
- Microsoft Office applications
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Energetic & self-motivated, able to work in a fast-paced environment
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
Please note that KATERRA does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, KATERRA will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, KATERRA explicitly reserves the right to pursue & hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of KATERRA.