Who we are:
MasterClass is transforming online education by enabling anyone in the world to learn from the very best. We are deconstructing what makes an actor able to cry on demand, how an athlete defies gravity, & what it takes to write a bestseller. Our online learning content is available to students anywhere anytime, which supports our mission to ignite the greatness in others.
We are a quickly growing VC-funded startup based in San Francisco, with additional offices in Los Angeles. We have created online classes taught by famous mastersGordon Ramsay, Martin Scorsese, Serena Williams, Helen Mirren, Margaret Atwood, Annie Leibovitz, Steph Curry, Carlos Santana, Timbaland & many more to come.
Since launching in 2015, we have been growing our team. Apply now to find out more about what we are doing behind the scenes.
What we are looking for:
- Strong background in & understanding of working with talent
- Excellent pitching skills & ability to close deals
- Great listening skills & ability to understand talents needs & motivations
- Be a brand ambassador of MasterClass
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Ability to communicate needs & requirements between numerous parties, & relay information eloquently back to talent teams
- Sense of urgency on deadlines, ability to juggle multiple priorities & ensure timely delivery & client satisfaction
- Strong attention to detail & organizational skills to constantly move deals forward
Responsibilities of the role:
- Initiate & close new relationships with talent for future courses
- Work cross-functionally with other teams (Creative, Production, etc.) in order to turn proposed classes into reality
- Manage existing relationships with instructor teams
- Propose new & creative ways to engage with instructor teams & other stakeholders
- Enhance positive brand awareness & act as an ambassador for MasterClass
- 7+ years experience of securing high-level talent for longform creative projects, media appearances, or other opportunities
- Strong grasp of communicating with talent & their teams
- Ability & excitement to expand relationships & sign masters
- Excellent communication skills & ability to craft & pitch a narrative
- Resourceful & process-oriented; can execute on simultaneous projects
- Excited to work with a small interdisciplinary team in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated attention to detail
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- Work full-time in our Los Angeles office
- Legally eligible to work in the United States
At MasterClass, we believe we put our best work forward when our employees bring together ideas that are diverse in thought. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace & are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. In addition, MasterClass will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you have a disability or special need, we would like to know how we can better accommodate you.