The biggest bottleneck in bringing new treatments to patients is the clinical trial. On average, getting a drug through the trial process takes nearly a decade & frequently costs $100M+. And the problem is only getting worse.
TrialSpark is a technology company that brings new medical treatments to patients faster. Were reimagining the clinical trial by introducing a new model, using technology to streamline every aspect of the trial. To fulfill our mission, we partner with pharma, biotech, & digital health companies to run studies faster & more efficiently.
The Business Intelligence Analyst is responsible for building data & operational models as well as analyzing & reporting on metrics (KPIs, OKRs) that enable various TrialSpark teams to better understand business performance & to make better decisions.
You should be able to demonstrate a willingness to work in a fast-paced & evolving environment while balancing competing projects with time pressures. The ability to establish & maintain effective working relationships with cross functional stakeholders is key. You should have excellent written & verbal communication skills, technical experience with SQL, & an ability to create & manage complex operational models in Excel / Sheets.
You will be the 2nd hire on TrialSpark's Business Intelligence team & will have a broad portfolio of projects & responsibilities.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Partnering with operational stakeholders to create, define, analyze & report on business health via Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) & Objectives & Key Results (OKRs)
- Providing analysis, insights & recommendations to Operations Leadership to inform business decisions that enable TrialSpark to operate faster & more efficiently
- Using our Business Intelligence dashboarding tool, Looker, to convey information to operational stakeholders, that is both useful & actionable. This includes building & automating as well as improving existing dashboards
- Building & refining elements of Salesforce & working closely with the Engineering, Product, Sales & Site Identification teams to create functionality that informs & improves our processes
- Partnering closely with the other Analysts, Engineers & Product Managers to create & help scope projects that require deep technical model building
- Tools that youll be working with include: Google Sheets / Microsoft Excel, Looker, Salesforce, dbt & SQL
Required education & experience
- At least 3 years of analytical experience (data analyst, financial analyst, consulting, business strategy & operations). This is an open level role. Title will be commensurate with experience.
- At least 2 years experience building & improving datasets & models using Google Sheets / Microsoft Excel & SQL
- At least 2 years experience with Business Intelligence Tools (Looker, Tableau)
- Basic understanding of Salesforce. Bonus if you have experience as an administrator or managing a Salesforce administrator
- Excellent communication, organizational & prioritization skills. Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience working with various cross functional stakeholders on tight & fluid timeliness
- Strong analytical mindset. You know that data should be leveraged to make the best business decisions possible
- Ability to operate independently, identify & surface problems & devise solutions
- Youre curious, empathetic, humble & act like an owner. You consistently follow-up on tasks & arent afraid to track down people to help solve problems
- Healthcare experience is a plus but not required
- Experience with dbt or other transformation tools is a plus but not required
You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.