Peloton is looking for a self-motivated, dynamic attorney with 7+ years of experience at a top law firm or in-house practice to join our growing legal team. The person in this role will be responsible for supporting Pelotons German business & will assist Pelotons Associate General Counsel, International in providing support for Pelotons internal clients across all locations & departments but particularly Germany, as Pelotons international business scales. This position will require a thorough understanding of Pelotons multifaceted business, including its suppliers, partners, members, & competitors, in order to support the achievement of Pelotons business objectives.
- Negotiate & manage on a wide variety of commercial contracts, & report to senior attorneys on marketing initiatives, supply chain matters, privacy, & data security issues, e-commerce projects, & general risk management matters
- Work closely with internal clients from all business units to support their objectives & advise on legal risks & opportunities related to their strategy.
- Work Closely with Pelotons People Team & German management team to provide support & counsel on employment relations matters
- Instruct & manage external counsel to provide timely & cost-effective advice
- 7+ years experience at a top law firm or in-house role, with a focus on commercial or corporate transactional practice, with secondment or in-house experience strongly preferred
- Must be fluent in German & English, ability to negotiate contracts in German & English essential
- Competency in drafting & negotiating commercial contracts; particular experience in information technology & marketing agreements and/or supply chain agreements is strongly preferred
- Excellent written & verbal communication & interpersonal skills
- Strong business acumen & ability to advise on business-related legal issues
- Superb organizational skills
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced, disruptive business
- Knowledge about the consumer tech world, familiarity with online issues such as privacy & data security preferred
- Must be an independent & strategic thinker who is a strong team player (no job is too small or too large) who is collaborative & willing to take on additional responsibilities
- Qualified to practise law in Germany or UK
Founded in 2012, Peloton is aglobal interactive fitness platformthat brings the energy & benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience & comfort of home. We use technology & design to bring our Members immersive content through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, & Peloton Digital, which provide comprehensive, socially-connected fitness offerings anytime, anywhere. We believe in taking risks & challenging the status quo by continuously innovating & improving. Our team is made up of passionate brand ambassadors, & we know that together, we go far.
Headquartered in New York City, with offices, warehouses & retail showrooms in the US, UK & Canada, Peloton is changing the way people get fit. Peloton has been named to many prestigious industry lists, includingFast Company's Most Innovative Companies, CNBC's Disruptor 50,Crain's New York Business' Tech25 & Fast50, as well asTIME's Genius Companies. Visitwww.onepeloton.com/careersto learn more about joining our team.