The Dodo is looking for a skilled affiliate & SEO writer to join its commerce team on a 6-month contract. Youll be responsible for pitching, researching & writing articles that drive traffic (and conversions) to our affiliate Partner. SEO is our primary distribution path for this content, so youll also need to have a firm grasp of current SEO best practices, & use SEO insights to inform your content plan, writing & packaging.
Were looking for someone with superb writing & grammar skills, & a track record of success in affiliate & SEO content. The successful candidate will be creative & adaptable, & able to channel the Dodo brand into a fun, relatable written voice that appeals to pet parent consumers & leads to conversions. Youll ground your work in analytics & best practices, have a keen eye for business & always be thinking about how to optimize for monetization.
You are reliable & accountable; you can work quickly & independently but welcome feedback from a collaborative team environment; you are positive under pressure; & you are motivated by change & success, & always want to stay two steps ahead of industry & brand best practices.
The content you will be working on is targeted at dog & cat owners, so applicants who have pets, past or present, & can relate to the pet parent demographic are a huge plus.
This is a 6-month contract with potential to extend the contract if the program (and the candidate) is a success. We are open to remote work for this role.
What Youll Do:
- Write fun, informative, well-researched affiliate articles that drive pet parents to our affiliate partner with high conversion rates & similar KPIs
- Heavily optimize all content for SEO best practices (SEO is our primary distribution method for this content) to make sure its seen by the right readers
- Owning all aspects of article production, including pitching a content plan & stories, researching them & packaging them
- Obsessing over data & analytics to optimize articles, & help build team best practices on both creative & monetization fronts
- Uploading articles to our CMS as well as our affiliate Partners feed
- Keeping a close eye on performance after publication & updating pieces as needed
- Helping with various side projects/initiatives that
Success Will Look Like:
- Hitting (and exceeding) our GMV goals with our affiliate Partner
- Writing stories that need minimal edits & embody the fun, relatable voice & brand standards that have made The Dodo a trusted authority in the pet space
- 2 years experience in writing affiliate & SEO-driven content, with a quantifiable track record of achievement
- Excellent writing & grammar skills
- A great eye for picking products that will appeal to pet parent consumers, & marketing them in an attractive & high-converting way
- Creative voice that can create highly effective affiliate marketing content while staying organic, authentic & true to the Dodo brand
- Ability to marry creative skills with a deep understanding of business & analytics goals
- Reliable & independent self-starter, but with a positive & team-friendly attitude
- Love of animals & familiarity with the Dodo brand are a plus, as well as pet owners (or anyone who can relate to the pet parent experience)
Why Work at Group Nine:
We are committed to diversity, equity & inclusion. As part of our larger DE&I strategy, every employee goes through a series of DE&I training. We have incredible Employee Resource Groups (ERGs), with the support of our Head of DE&I & executive sponsors, that host everything from weekly safe space chats to community events.
We have amazing people. We can promise youll work alongside some of the smartest & most interesting people in the industry. Our people work hard but we always have fun doing it. Bottom line: we care about each other & we take our values seriously.
We care about you. We offer offer health, dental & vision insurance, along with a selection of voluntary benefits. Weve partnered with best-in-class virtual care providers to bring health care, mental health support & meditation to all employees. Additionally, knowing that time away from work is integral to employee well-being, our time off allowances (consisting of vacation, sick, company holidays, volunteer & religious observances), ensure you have time to take care of yourself.
We value development. We are a high-performance organization that challenges itself to continuously grow. We invest in employee development. Youll need to be great to get hired here & we promise youll get even better once youre here.
About The Dodo:
The Dodo is the #1 media brand for reach on mobile in the U.S. [Nielsen DCR, November 2019], & the most engaged media brand globally across all content genres [Tubular Labs, May 2020]. We tell fun, entertaining, emotional stories about animals that make people laugh, cry happy tears, feel ALL the feels, & fall in love with animals. In December 2016, The Dodo joined forces with NowThis, Thrillist & Seeker to form Group Nine Media the #1 video publisher on mobile in the U.S. [Nielsen DCR, June 2020].
About Group Nine Media:
Group Nine has the most optimistic, fast moving, deeply connected brands in the categories that matter NOW. As the #1 video publisher on mobile in the U.S. [Nielsen DCR, June 2020], Group Nines brands are built for the platforms where young people spend the majority of their time. We reach over 80% of Americans in their 20s every month [Nielsen DCR, June 2020]. Audiences spend over 90 million hours a month engaging with our category-defining brands [platform analytics, August 2020] - NowThis, the no. 1 most-watched news & politics brand globally on social [Tubular Labs, May 2020]; The Dodo, the #1 media brand for reach on mobile in the U.S. [Nielsen DCR, November 2019]; POPSUGAR, the #1 most engaged-with Womens Lifestyle site in the U.S. [Comscore, February 2020]; Thrillist, the most-trusted digital brand in food, drink, travel & entertainment; & Seeker, the no. 1 science brand on mobile in the U.S. [Nielsen DCR, April 2020]. Group Nine has been recognized with hundreds of prestigious awards including Edward R. Murrow, James Beard, Cannes Lions, Critics Choice, among others.