About your role:
If you are looking to use your knowledge of data science to enhance the user experience & to drive the business decisions in a renowned entertainment company, this is the job you have been looking for. In the newly established data science team, you will be able to grow your career at the same path: fast! This is the ideal time to join Fandom.
- Associate with business & product partners to transform their business needs into data questions
- Gather knowledge through data analyses & discover insights
- Develop prototypes & models to enhance the user experience & to help your partners to take data driven decisions
- Test & adjust your models in accordance to users & partners feedback
- Collaborate with data engineers to industrialize your predictive & analytical models
- Monitor their output to continuously check their impacts & to find areas of improvement
- 6+ years of experience in data science or related
- Bachelor or master in the field of data science or related
- Strong interest in the entertainment industry
- Ability to communicate well , whether in small group discussion or large-scale presentation
- Proficiency in Python
- Proficiency in SQL
- Deep knowledge of data visualization
- Exceptional analytical skills
Benefits & Perks
- Stock options
- Health, Vision, Dental, & Life Insurance
- 401k Plan (+matching)
- Flexible time off - flexible & generous
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Family Assistance Programs
- Employee Assistance Programs & Support
- Wellness Programs
- Loan-Assistance, money-management, pet insurance, & other discounts
- Phone, Gym, & commuter programs
- An international work environment with a startup culture
- Open, energetic & fan-focused, international work environment
- Miscellaneous perks such as, swag, etc.
Fandom is a global entertainment media brand powered by fan passion. Fandom has a global audience of almost 300 million monthly unique users & encompasses over 400,000 fan communities. We currently feature more than 55 million pages of content, inclusive of video. Our Fandom values are:
- We serve a global community.
Connection with our fans, creators, & partners is at our core, & its grounded by our active efforts of inclusion.
- We build experiences.
We imagine, improve, & deliver solutions.
- We bring joy.
We celebrate our fandoms, our teammates, & the work we do.
Learn More about Fandom
Fandom is an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Fandom, one of our core values is We Serve a Global Community. Connection with our fans, creators, & partners is at our core, & it's grounded by our active efforts of inclusion. As such, we're proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, & we do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, mental or physical disability, political affiliation, status as a victim of domestic violence, assault or stalking, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
We invite you to complete the optional section below. This information will help Fandom with our reporting requirements & help us learn more about how we can increase diversity in our candidate pool. Completion of this section is entirely voluntary & has no impact on your opportunity for employment.