Want to help people get the financial protection they need & feel confident in their choices? Policygenius is a NYC-based tech startup that makes it easy to compare & buy all types of insurance online. Since 2014, weve become the nation's leading insurance marketplace, raising over $52 million of venture capital & helping more than 5 million people get vital coverage for their families.
We're growing rapidly & looking for people with grit, great attitudes & creative problem-solving skills to join our powerhouse team. Come see why weve been voted one of INC's best workplaces two years in a row!
About the role
Fun fact: when asked about what they value in coming to work every day, 9 out of 10 Policygenius employees we surveyed mentioned the Policygenius team:
I enjoy working with hardworking & hilarious people...who immediately elevate my work.
Its great to work with individuals who value not only their personal work, but the people around them as well.
...this roughly translates to amazing people who help each other out to get their best work done as a team.
We believe that recruiting is the bedrock of our talent philosophy; it sets the tone for all future talent development, & has a profound impact on our company culture & employee experience. As a recruiting coordinator on the People team at Pg, you'll guide candidates through the Pg hiring process by coordinating interview teams, handling logistics, & communicating status updates. You will serve as a trusted partner to your hiring teams & a transparent advocate for your candidates, all while championing the best experience for everyone involved. This role reports to the Director of Recruiting & Talent Strategy.
- Act as the main point of contact for candidates throughout the hiring process, shepherding each candidate through a personalized & enjoyable experience at Pg
- Coordinate phone screens & onsite interview schedules for a busy candidate pipeline
- Craft interview prep materials & handle day-of logistics to ensure a flawless experience for both candidates & interviewers alike
- Manage our many systems (Gmail, Slack, Greenhouse, etc) to maintain data, communicate progress & provide transparency & credibility with candidates
- Collaborate with other recruiting team members to improve & streamline the scheduling process; build relationships with & support hiring teams across the organization
- Support the Pg People team with other special projects & program improvements, as needed!
- Bachelors degree with 1+ years of coordination experience, ideally in an entrepreneurial environment; recruiting or sourcing experience is a plus
- Impeccable follow up & attention to detail; experience seamlessly juggling multiple priorities at once without dropping anything
- A warm & empathetic communication style & the ability to tailor effective messaging to a variety of audiences, both internal & external
- Comfort & calm under pressure in a flexible, ever-changing environment; you handle changing priorities & tackle ambiguous problems with grace & charm
- Experience with email & calendaring tools (Google Suite, ATS like Greenhouse, Lever, etc)
- A metrics- & process-orientation & a real passion for clean data
- Appreciation for a well-placed gif
- Company-paid health, dental, vision, life&disability insurance
- 401(k) plan, FSA&commuter benefits
- Flexible PTO
- Training, mentorship & coaching from leadership
- The opportunity to grow alongside a company shaking up a big, old-fashioned industry
- Fun, diverse, open-minded coworkers
- Dog companionship
- Some fun surprises when you join (Shhh Its a secret!)