Rituals mission is to digitize local commerce. Ritual was founded in 2014 in Toronto by a group of serial entrepreneurs & ex-Googlers with the vision of bringing digital efficiency to local commerce. Since then, Ritual has grown to more than 300 employees, serves customers & merchants in 25+ cities across North America, the U.K,. & Australia & has raised more than $100 million in venture funding.
What Is Ritual?
Ritual is a mobile social ordering app, redefining how millions of people connect with local restaurants. We utilize technology to provide instant access to local businesses in your neighbourhood. Restaurant owners enjoy new customers & insightful data reports, while customers order ahead & skip the line with every single order, & earn rewards with every purchase. Ritual: the rewarding way to connect with local restaurants.
Ritual is looking for a Visual Design Intern to join us as we continue our global expansion. This is your opportunity to join an incredibly expanding start-up & see your work have an impact on more than 30 cities across the globe. Youll assist the Design & Marketing teams on internal & external projects. Think graphic layout & production for print & digital media, corporate marketing, & in-app & email design. Note: to succeed in this role, youll need experience in Adobe Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign), Figma and/or Sketch.
This will be an internship taking place from September to December 2019. This role is intended for a current college or university student, or recent graduate.
Youre driven, organized, & can deliver quality results. You think big when conceptualizing ideas & discussing solutions, but can drill down on details & nail them every time. Youre creative, energized, & arent afraid of hard work.
Our team is here to help you learn, grow, & succeed. We want you to leave Ritual feeling satisfied having honed your skills, & knowing your contribution made an impact at a quickly growing start-up. When youre an intern with Ritual, you wont spend your time on coffee runs (thats what Piggyback is for!) - youll be considered one of the team, & well value your ideas & insights.
Youll Be a Good Fit if:
- You have a strong sense of typography, hierarchy, & communication design. Have a favourite font? Perfect.
- Youre proficient with digital & print media design & execution (Adobe CC Suite, including InDesign)
- You have an understanding of marketing, production, corporate identity, product packaging, advertisements & multimedia design
- You have experience creating illustrations
- Youve got good presentation skills & the confidence to explain & communicate ideas to colleagues
- Youll support the company & marketing initiatives by creating & developing assets, including:
- Branding: business cards, banners, advertisements
- Sales Materials: posters, handouts, decks
- Digital: web banners, web ads, company website updates, social media & email collateral
- Collaborate with Product, Marketing, & Design teams to explore & creative direction for a variety of projects
- Contribute & share ownership of the Ritual brand
- Liaise with partners as needed, including printers, contractors, field teams, etc.
- Education in Graphic Design or a related discipline, or equivalent practical work experience
- Experience in the Adobe Suite, Figma, and/or Sketch
- A portfolio showcasing your best work
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Strong, self-motivated work ethic
- Ability to give & take feedback graciously
- Opportunity to work on an amazing consumer-facing product used by hundreds of thousands of people worldwide (seriously)
- Daily Ritual credits for you to spend at the best coffee & lunch spots in town
- Bring-your-dog Fridays, shuffleboard, free snacks (we know, we know - were basic)
- Be part of one of the fastest growing global startups in a downtown Toronto office
- Work with world-class colleagues from a variety of backgrounds
- We value your work - all Ritual internships are paid