As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
This is a full stack developer role for a self-motivated individual with excellent software engineering skills & expertise in Java/J2EE technologies. The candidate will be extensively involved in hands-on activities including POCs, design, documentation, development & testing. Candidate must be flexible & willing to switch tasks based on team's needs, & should be capable to work across the layers & technologies stack. This position reports to a Director of Marketing Services Programs in Singapore & will be based in Singapore. The successful candidate will be a Sr Software Engineer in the Marketing Services Product Development team focusing on design & build of software solutions that leverage data to solve business problems.
- Responsible for E2E deliveries of assigned modules including requirement analysis, design, development & implementation.
- Design, develop & maintain mission-critical, highly availablesystem.
- Work on development of new products iteratively by building quick POCs & converting ideas into real products.
- Develop high quality code using all proactive code validation techniques & mentor junior developers to ensure the quality deliveries on time.
- Have a passion for delivering zero defect high quality code, with proactive mindset
- Own end to end delivery responsibility for modules, participate in Continuous improvement activities likeautomation frameworks for testing & deployments, CICDCD, Process Improvementsin addition to contributing to core product code.
- Interact with both business & technical stakeholders to deliver high quality products that meet business requirements & expectations.
- Effectively & Proactively communicate status, issues, & risks.
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field.
- 3+ years of software design, architecture & development experience.
- Product development experience is Must.
- Strong foundation in computer science, with excellent competencies in data structures, algorithms & software design
- Strong in Core Java development concepts. Good design & coding skills in Java/J2ee, Micro-services, Spring, Hibernate, & any of the popular Java Script Frameworks like AngularJS, Backbone etc.
- Experience with Big Data ecosystem like Hadoop, Spark, Map Reduce, H-Base, MongoDB, Yarn, Kafka or equivalent is a preferable but not a must have.
- Keen for writing quality & self-validating code using unit tests, following TDD.
- Capable to leverage DevOps techniques & practices like Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment, Test Automation, Build Automation & Test Driven Development to enable the rapid delivery of working code utilizing tools like Jenkins, Gradle, Chef, Git & Docker.
- Good verbal, & written communication skills to effectively communicate for business needs & technical concepts to multiple organization levels.
- Experience in Agile development using any of the methodologies like SCRUM is a big plus.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit & stand at a desk, communicate in person & by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones & computers, reach with hands & arms, & bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines & applicable local law.