Join Trustpilot in London as a Legal Counsel if you are ready to be a part of a great company, have fun & take advantage of real opportunities for growth in a fast paced environment where you will be a core member of our global Legal Team.
Take part in a high growth tech company where you will be able to put your mark on how we provide legal support to the entire company. You will be joining our great London office as Legal Counsel where you will play a key role in supporting our Commercial, Quality & Compliance, Marketing, Finance, & Human Resource teams & other parts of the company with legal assistance. When not supporting these teams you will assist other parts of the business with contract reviews & negotiations.
Your position will take part in addressing our commercial agreements & other legal matters in the U.K. along with international matters from time to time. The Legal Team provides support to the Trustpilot organization globally, so this role will work closely with the Legal Team members in Copenhagen & New York. They are dedicated, hard-working & have the best team-spirit you could ever hope for.
- Provide legal services & related support in broad areas of corporate law practice to the company.
- Review, draft & negotiate commercial agreements, mainly assisting our U.K. Commercial Teams in London with contract negotiations with potential customers.
- Provide support to other departments such as HR, Marketing, & Finance.
- Help maintain & update various legal templates, for e.g. employment & terms & conditions.
- Review & negotiate various types of business agreements, such as partner agreements & supplier contracts.
- Assist the Governance Team & our Legal Team with regulatory compliance issues & corporate law questions.
- Assist our Quality & Compliance Team in connection with escalated cases related to our review platform.
- Demonstrated experience negotiating & drafting various types of commercial agreements, e.g. subscription service agreements, IT contracts, non-disclosure agreements, license agreements & product sales & services agreements.
- Experience with corporate & employment law a plus.
- Ability to recognize legal & ethical risks & communicate these effectively to colleagues & customers with consideration of its impact on the wider business.
- Ability to take full responsibility for structuring & prioritizing your time well.
- Work well independently & be ready to support your team & other departments.
- Ability to work in cross-functional teams you will work closely with the Commercial, Quality & Compliance, Human Resource, Finance, & Marketing Teams.
- Excellent writing & fantastic communication skills.
- 1-3 years of experience in a law firm or corporate legal organization; industry experience is definitely a plus.
- Excellent legal & organizational skills; ability to manage multiple projects at once, follow through & meet deadlines.
- A team player.
- Excellent negotiation skills in relation to contract negotiation & dispute handling.
- Law Degree from Accredited Law School.
- Licensed to practice in the U.K.
We offer you
- A key part of an exciting international growth journey
- Great colleagues & a social working environment
- Competitive salary
- Stock Options
- Full benefits
- Paid family leave
- Commuter benefits
Interested in learning more about Trustpilot? Check out our website www.trustpilot.com. If you are also interested in learning more about the Trustpilot culture, then check out our company page on The Muse.
Trustpilot is a global, online review community that builds trust & increases transparency between consumers & businesses. Currently boasting more than 50 million consumer reviews of 180,000 businesses, Trustpilot produces a TrustScore for businesses based on recent reviews. Trustpilots community is live in 24 countries & more than 10,000 consumers sign up to Trustpilot every day. The platform also helps businesses generate insights through customer review data analytics. This can be used to continuously improve business operations, increase customer satisfaction & drive innovation. By enabling businesses to engage directly with customers, Trustpilot aims to set new global standards in consumer to business dialogue.
Trustpilot has customers in 65 countries & has developed strong positions in Denmark, Sweden, UK, France, Germany & the Netherlands, as well as the US. With offices in Copenhagen, London, New York, Denver, Berlin, Melbourne & Lithuania Trustpilots 700+ employees represent 40+ different nationalities.