Squarespace is looking for a Team Lead to direct the Interface Architecture team. The Interface Architecture team creates & maintains Frontend Build Tooling & non-visual component libraries that allow our product engineers to create consistently excellent experiences for our users. Their work impacts millions of users daily & dozens of teams, making the team a critical element of many products current & future success.
Interface Architecture is part of the Interface Platform group, which helps our product engineers deliver beautiful, durable, performant, & accessible experiences to our users. In this role youll help several teams to deliver high quality technology products/services, working in partnership with technical & product leadership.
You will report to the Interface Platform Sr. Engineering Manager in our New York City headquarters.
- Lead other engineers & collaborate with internal stakeholders
- Have regular 1-1s with team members, & take an active role in code reviews for team members
- Interface with a variety of stakeholders & develop & drive the teams roadmap with the support of the EM
- Keep our product up-to-date with the latest frontend technologies such as Webpack, Babel, Jest, React & Babel
- Practice disciplined software engineering (e.g. automated testing, code reviews, & writing beautiful, pragmatic code)
- Actively contribute to team & company standards
- Mentor team members & help them grow
- Experience leading a team of 3+ engineers
- Extensive experience developing large-scale application software
- Working knowledge of Webpack, Babel, & other core JS development tools
- Experience with React or similar user interface libraries.
- Strong grasp of engineering practices like automated testing using tools like Cypress, Nightwatch, Jest, and/or the React Testing library & providing code reviews for peers.
- A comprehensive understanding of Web Application fundamentals & the libraries & tool chains used to deliver them.
- A sincere commitment to crafting readable, reliable, & well tested code
- BS in Computer Science or related or equivalent industry experience
- 5+ years of industry experience
- Experience writing AST Transformations as a way to manage libraries at scale.
- Experience writing CLI tooling
- TypeScript experience or interest
- Managing npm libraries, open source or otherwise
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design & sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people from individuals & local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the worlds most iconic businesses to share their stories with the world. Squarespaces team of more than 1,000 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin & Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you & your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility & adoption benefits
- Free lunch & snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) & pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives & experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace & celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.