As the leading independent modern media company, Vox Media ignites conversations & influences culture. Across digital, podcasts, TV, streaming, live events, & print, we tell stories that affect our audience's daily lives & entertain as much as they inform.
Our portfolio features influential & respected editorial properties including Vox, New York Magazine, The Verge, The Cut, Eater, Vulture, The Strategist, Polygon, SB Nation, Intelligencer, Curbed, Grub Street & Recode. Off-platform, the Vox Media Podcast Network offers one of the largest collections of popular podcasts, & Vox Media Studios produces & distributes the award-winning nonfiction shows. Powered by innovative technology that scales quality, the Chorus publishing platform & Concert advertising marketplace answer the always-changing needs of modern audiences, creators & marketers.
Vox Media has been named one of Fast Companys Most Innovative Companies in Media, an Company of the Year, Digidays Best Company for Parents, & one of the Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign.
Polygon is a website dedicated to video games, entertainment, & the culture that surrounds them. Were looking for a Video Producer to create videos that are smart, funny, & fit with Polygons voice.
This position will work closely with Polygons video team to shoot, edit, & publish videos for their YouTube channel. You should be able to juggle multiple projects at once & possess the initiative to pitch & execute on new ideas quickly. More broadly, were looking for someone with a love & knowledge of games, a willingness to learn & grow within the role, & above all else, a strong sense of curiosity.
Please provide a resume, links to your two best videos, & a video cover letter, either as an attachment or a link below. This video should be under two minutes & give us a quick idea of who you are, what you can do, & why you want to work for Polygon. The deadline for applications is July 12th, at 11:59 p.m. ET.
What youll do:
- Pitch & create original videos for various platforms & audiences, primarily YouTube
- Collaborate closely with other members of the video team, providing support for others videos as needed
- Participate in pitch meetings, brainstorming sessions, & table reads
- Schedule & conduct interviews for ongoing video projects
- Provide occasional production & editorial support for sponsored videos
- Capture game footage as needed
What youll bring:
- Proficiency in Adobe Premiere
- The ability to recognize things people will want to watch & share
- Strong organizational skills & a keen eye for detail
- A passion for video games, entertainment, & Polygons mission
- Some experience with camera operation & audio recording
- Experience with Photoshop & After Effects a plus, but not required
*This role is a part of the Vox Media Union, represented by the Writers Guild of America, East.
About working at Vox Media:
This is a permanent, full-time position with excellent benefitsincluding flexible hours & generous parental leave. Vox Media strives to provide comprehensive healthcare options for our employees & to ensure that our healthcare & other benefits are LGBTQ-inclusive. You'll be joining a group of focused, hard-working, creative people who are passionate about doing work that's challenging & funand who strive to maintain a healthy work/life balance.
Vox Media is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds & everyone is encouraged to apply. Vox Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer & does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.