We are reinventing global trade.
We're looking for an Engineering Leader to help develop impactful & quality products in a fast growing business. Youll work alongside self-starters interested in solving real-world problems & streamlining the inefficiencies in the complex global trade industry, specifically related to customs & financial services. Youll have the opportunity to reshape an industry by helping to create the new operating system for global trade.
- Expertly design & own technical solutions for broad or complex requirements with insightful, strategic approaches
- Lead technical decisions on the team & functional area
- Describe, analyze, & convinces others about major technical tradeoffs & decisions
- Help build scalable programs that standardize information flow & increase operational capacity
- Be part of a close-knit engineering team that ships new code every day
You should have:
- At least 5 years of experience managing engineering leaders & teams
- Bias for constantly learning new technologies; have knowledge of full technical landscape
- Ability to set technical vision for larger projects
- Ability to coordinate internal technical work with outside partnership/external deadlines
- Next-level analytical problem-solving talent
- Experience in a fast-paced work environment & a bias for action. Your teams ship quality code quickly
- A product-first approach to building software. You care about the real world functionality of your teams deliverables
Our continuous releases are integrated with Buildkite & Github. On the frontend, we create our views with React, manage the flow of data with GraphQL/Relay, & test our application with Jest. On the backend, were in the process of decoupling our monolithic Rails app. We have introduced a few network isolated services using other languages, such as Java & Clojure. Our data is persisted in Postgres & Redis. Our stack is hosted on AWS using Docker.
We believe trade can move the human race forward. Thats why its our mission to make global trade easy for everyone. Flexport is building the platform for global logistics, empowering buyers, sellers & their logistics partners with the technology & services to grow & innovate. Today, companies of all sizesfrom emerging brands to Fortune 500suse Flexport technology to move more than $10B of merchandise across 112 countries every year.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
Dont be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. Thats why its important to bring people from diverse backgrounds & experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the global logistics industry forward.
We know this industry is complex. Thats why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated & engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating & nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical & mental disability, health status, marital & family status, sexual orientation, gender identity & expression, military & veteran status, & any other characteristic protected by applicable law.